Brentford v AFC Bournemouth - Championship Semi-Final 2nd Leg

The Jury may be still out on Woodgate but my god is Thomas Frank an odious little man.....i don't know how the Brentford fans can listen to him tbh.......loving his talk abut them attacking us on Saturday though.....please god let that happen ....we'll absolutely batter them .....our team was assembled to be a counter attacking team to combat the threat of the Premier League's top six... not poxy Brentford.

FFS we destroyed Chelsea 4-0 with about 30% possession!.....it's the reason why we did the double over Norwich and took 4 points off Watford whilst losing to the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Derby this season.......we don't need to press them just keep our shape and hit them hard on the counter.......like us they struggle against teams who sit deep.....the beauty of having a goal advantage is that Brentford will be forced to play a game that absolutely suits us......i mean if Brentford can go all out attack against us and still stop us scoring then fair play they must be an incredible team....it's just not going to happen imo.

Our game plan is very simple ....sit back .....let their Centre backs have the ball and let Lerma and Pearson do what they do best which is to break up play...deny their midfield any time on the ball and of course employ their mastery of the dark arts....and then let our front 4 destroy them on the counter.
Good god man I hope you’re right in every little detail…

Perfect scenario for me would be a cagey start by both teams, a goal by us around 30 minutes, and then hold to the half. If we are up by 2 starting the second half, it will be a crazy ride as they will throw everything at us and we will have a few chances on the break (which I would hope we will look for rather than just sitting back).

JW's selection and set-up will be key if we are without S. Cook, Pearson and Stan.

They looked more dangerous when they brought Henry on, and will be tough if they have him for 90 minutes.
He's a top player but been out a long time. I would be surprised if they risk him from the start

Isn't this effectively just over 9-1 (as your stake is included in decimal odds)? So I don't believe you got 10-1. :throw:

True. It's a bit like the difference between the headline interest rate and APR. Funny that no-one in the antipodes picked up that point.

Including a bit of a carry over from last season, I have around £36 this year on my account from one and two pound hobby betting on AFCB. This is the profit and loss for the season thus far:

Graph.JPG
I have enough to be able to stand my round on the 29th, even at Wembley prices!

Last edited:
Only 24 hours to go....go to bed late tonight....and sleep in longer..and its more or less on you at 1230 pm...Less time for nervy thoughts and time filling activities!

Brentford have it all to play for after a 1-0 first-leg defeat ended their 12-game unbeaten run, and their dream of playing in England’s top tier for the first time since 1946/47 now hangs in the balance. After failing to convert any of their 11 goal attempts in the first leg, the 'Bees' need to get busy, and add to their admirable 25 league game tally this season in which they scored the opener (W18, D5, L2).
They enter this crucial clash after winning back-to-back home games 'to nil', but they have been far from dominant here this season, netting in both halves in just five league games at the Brentford Community Stadium. However, having scored an average of 1.70 goals per Championship home game, and after netting six times within the first 15 minutes, Brentford clearly have ability upfront.
Bournemouth’s first-leg victory now has them hunting back-to-back H2H wins for the first time since 2005, as they aim for playoff promotion after being ousted from the Premier League as recently as 2019/20. They’ll be wary though as whilst they’ve won ten league games this season by a one-goal margin, they’ve also fallen to 11 league defeats by a one-goal margin too.
Case in point, the ‘Cherries’ ended a four-game winning away run with a 1-0 defeat at relegated Wycombe last time away. It was a one-goal margin defeat in the last H2H here too, as Bournemouth scored a 25th-minute opener before conceding in both halves to lose 2-1 - their seventh 2-1 defeat here since 1923.
Players to watch: Brentford's 31-goal Ivan Toney has netted 2+ goals in five league games this season, and could be a danger. Bournemouth’s first-leg hero was goalscorer Arnaut Danjuma, who’s now looking to score in back-to-back fixtures for the fifth time this season.
Hot stat: As these teams have scored a combined 31 league openers within 30 minutes this season (BRE: 16 BOU: 15), expect a quick start in this do-or-die H2H.

;