Brentford v AFC Bournemouth - Championship Semi-Final 2nd Leg

So basically not giving anything away and we will know at 11.30 am tomorrow.

Sounds more positive than I was fearing :wahey:

Since this is likely to be a high intensity game I would imagine they would be on the bench at best, just in case they are needed. If we make the final we would want them fully fit, it would be a massive bonus, so we shouldn't risk them tomorrow unless absolutely necessary IMO.

Not wanting to advocate potentially making an injury worse, but there is that old saying of "if you're fit enough for the bench..."

If Pearson can go on the bench I'd be tempted to start him and see how he goes... The opening 30 mins is going to be crucial in this match and we need as much talent on the park as possible...

It's a tough call I know. I agree in that I think Meps could probably do a job for us at the back if protected well enough... Thought Wilshere settled a dodgy 10 mins spell when we reshuffled a couple of times, but has he got it in him to do the grunt work Pearson does, for 90 mins...?

If he's fit enough, I would seriously be tempted to put Pearson in and hope he can at least make the first half... However, only if everyone feels he's fit enough to do so, which being on the bench would assume he probably could be...

Woodgate saying exactly what you'd expect him to say when
1) you don't want to rule key players out giving the opposition a boost
2) you don't want to give away team selection by saying key players are fit to play

As with others I suspect Pearson will make it and Cook will not. If both are out then that'll be a big blow. Wilshere can't do 90 minutes of graft let alone 120 possibly. We want Jack coming on later.

I see London Irish Egg Chasers were playing on the pitch on Tuesday.
Hopefully the pitch won't have cut up with the wet weather.

The fewer the opportunities for the ball to bobble the more confidence I will have in Meps.

Not wanting to advocate potentially making an injury worse, but there is that old saying of "if you're fit enough for the bench..."

If Pearson can go on the bench I'd be tempted to start him and see how he goes... The opening 30 mins is going to be crucial in this match and we need as much talent on the park as possible...

It's a tough call I know. I agree in that I think Meps could probably do a job for us at the back if protected well enough... Thought Wilshere settled a dodgy 10 mins spell when we reshuffled a couple of times, but has he got it in him to do the grunt work Pearson does, for 90 mins...?

If he's fit enough, I would seriously be tempted to put Pearson in and hope he can at least make the first half... However, only if everyone feels he's fit enough to do so, which being on the bench would assume he probably could be...

Did JW say something recently about Wilshere being vital to the success of the team in the playoffs?
Think we might just be needing him tomorrow....

I don't see how wilshere fits into our favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, he doesn't have the legs to play in the defensive midfield 2
Agree , hopefully they’ve been working on something to accommodate him if need be , perhaps JW has known Pearson has been carrying a knock ?

I would be very surprised if Brentford don’t get at least 1 goal tomorrow

I hope we come out and play the first 20 mins like it’s a clean slate and we don’t go sitting back for 90 mins

Reactions: drd

;