Brentford v AFC Bournemouth

Credit where credits due, Brentford are a well oiled machine with players who are comfortable on the ball and work it about quite nicely. Always ona knife edge once we had let them back into it via a soft set piece - thought Lerma had a decent game otherwise.

Don’t want to knock Tindall too much for changing shape in search of the win, but was this the game to do that? I’d have taken a draw quite happily before the game.

Most frustrated that Tindall still sees the need to involve King in the squad, if he wanted to make that change Surridge should be the man to come on, our youngsters should then be next in line.

Because Gosling is better ?

Two different type of players.

We played a good team tonight and they snatched the winning goal.

If that first minute chance had crossed the line we may be having a different discussion tonight.

We didn’t show that slick quick movement we had first half.

Our team have showed they can play good football and score goals, for me tonight was a blip.

It is hindsight......how many times have we seen an attacking change like that work out for us under Eddie?..........Lewis wasn't having an impact on the game either.

Wild speculation, but in that scenario. That’s not the attacking change Eddie would have made I don’t think. Not at 1-1, away from home against one of the best sides in the league. Conceded far too much in regards to the percentages of midfield and dropping deeper.

I’m not sure it was hindsight to be honest? Thought it was a naive move from Tindall, for all the very reasons that have been discussed over and over on here about how we look with a central three to a two.

That system change, which automatically means you lose Solanke who had looked excellent as a 9, to then be deeper and not involved where you want an inform Solanke. Then the wingers drop deeper so the higher press is gone.

Not only an extra man in central midfield, but the engine of Lewis Cook was withdrawn.

All to accommodate Joshua King.
Smith and Kelly lost us the game, but JT certainly made an error that contributed.

Some of our players are completely brain dead. Summary:
Smith literally helped them kill about 2 minutes by reacting petulantly. He constantly does this, he is a complete liability.
Gosling with a few seconds left, decides to hold the ball for a few seconds and pass the ball back to Cook.
Stanislas feels the need to criticise his team mates for shooting, yet I’ve never seen a player hit so many weak speculative long range shots.
our full backs are woeful and will cost us a shot at automatic promotion. We will finish in the play offs.
josh King is a joke and tbh so is JT for bringing him on before Surridge. What kind of message does that send?
Brooks is so bad at the moment it’s hard to put into words, look at the difference in quality between him and the Brentford wide forwards. Must have misplaced about 75% of his passes and never looked like making anything happen.
we played some decent football at times, especially in the first half. However imo we lack the nous and game management to mount a challenge for top 2. Our defenders switch off at vital moments, and we invite pressure onto ourselves when there is absolutely no need. This squad has the talent for sure to finish top 2 but it lacks the mentality required unfortunately.
having said that we have enough quality to finish top six. And J Simpson is proving everyone wrong to look absolute class at the back.
Were you happy that JT took your advice and went 2 man midfield at the end?

Wild speculation, but in that scenario. That’s not the attacking change Eddie would have made I don’t think. Not at 1-1, away from home against one of the best sides in the league. Conceded far too much in regards to the percentages of midfield and dropping deeper.
Maybe maybe not....like i said i think it was a mistake........but JT has shown several times this season that he's willing to make changes to try and win a game..... with a fair degree of success .......this one didn't work out.

The signs were there when Brentford beat Newcastle with 3 of our ex - ' biggy bigstars ' gracing the Geordie squad a week or so back !

Were you happy that JT took your advice and went 2 man midfield at the end?
Lol you think that was why we conceded. Brentford we’re getting into these dangerous positions countless times throughout the game while we had the three man midfield. We conceded because of the quality of our full backs, Kelly struggles to block crosses and Smith is a liability marking at the back post. L Cook on the pitch wouldn’t have changed the outcome imo.

Lol you think that was why we conceded. Brentford we’re getting into these dangerous positions countless times throughout the game while we had the three man midfield. We conceded because of the quality of our full backs, Kelly struggles to block crosses and Smith is a liability marking at the back post. L Cook on the pitch wouldn’t have changed the outcome imo.
In hindsight, would you have gone with three at the back and not midfield?

You predicted 3-0, it was a close game that could have gone either way, we lost narrowly, it happens, move on. You just talk such ********************************

Not even played half of the season and everyone is all doom and gloom

Not doom and gloom at all. Thought the spine of our side looked very classy at times, excellent vision and movement between the lines and carved them up. Bit of luck, maybe even some grass in the penalty area and we could have been a couple up very early on.

Did we look more of a threat with the 3 or with 2 iyo ?

Not doom and gloom at all. Thought the spine of our side looked very classy at times, excellent vision and movement between the lines and carved them up. Bit of luck, maybe even some grass in the penalty area and we could have been a couple up very early on.
I thought we knocked it by around pretty well at times .. I have said before , a bit of pace up top would give them something different to think about

;