Brentford v AFC Bournemouth

Brentford just did enough, let us have the ball in not dangerous positions, then snuffed out the threat.

Think they would have settled for 1-1, but they have some good players ethan pinnock, very good.......................

Had we nicked the wins at Swansea and Luton this wouldn't have been such a problem. But we now have, if not a mountain, then at least a hill to climb. Swansea v Reading later to watch. Then Stoke away next which will be very difficult.

Some of our players are completely brain dead. Summary:
Smith literally helped them kill about 2 minutes by reacting petulantly. He constantly does this, he is a complete liability.
Gosling with a few seconds left, decides to hold the ball for a few seconds and pass the ball back to Cook.
Stanislas feels the need to criticise his team mates for shooting, yet I’ve never seen a player hit so many weak speculative long range shots.
our full backs are woeful and will cost us a shot at automatic promotion. We will finish in the play offs.
josh King is a joke and tbh so is JT for bringing him on before Surridge. What kind of message does that send?
Brooks is so bad at the moment it’s hard to put into words, look at the difference in quality between him and the Brentford wide forwards. Must have misplaced about 75% of his passes and never looked like making anything happen.
we played some decent football at times, especially in the first half. However imo we lack the nous and game management to mount a challenge for top 2. Our defenders switch off at vital moments, and we invite pressure onto ourselves when there is absolutely no need. This squad has the talent for sure to finish top 2 but it lacks the mentality required unfortunately.
having said that we have enough quality to finish top six. And J Simpson is proving everyone wrong to look absolute class at the back.

Bit of an exaggeration, surely ? Win our game in hand and we go to 2nd. 75 points still to play for !
vey tight top half with only 6 points between 3rd and 9th. Dropped points here means pressure on in our game in hand meaning we could get sucked in to a playoff battle rather than be comfortably in the top two

Brentford well worth the win. Weathered an early storm and gradually took control. We never put them under any sustained pressure after that first 15 minutes. I think there were times when we went down far too easily, looking for a free kick rather than retaining possession. The last 10 or 15 we lost all shape, just random football.

That said I enjoyed the game. 2 good sides. We maybe had the better players, they had the better team.
This. We had some great chances we didnt put away, but a good game to watch. Also demonstrates for all the billybigbollox amongst us, just because we have a team full of 'premiership' players, there is no given right and we were on the end of a lesson in game management

Good game of Championship football.....could have gone either way tbf.......in hindsight changing the formation to go with 2 in midfield was a mistake but at least JT was doing something to win the game rather than settling for the draw......Lerma was fantastic btw.

I’m not sure it was hindsight to be honest? Thought it was a naive move from Tindall, for all the very reasons that have been discussed over and over on here about how we look with a central three to a two.

That system change, which automatically means you lose Solanke who had looked excellent as a 9, to then be deeper and not involved where you want an inform Solanke. Then the wingers drop deeper so the higher press is gone.

Not only an extra man in central midfield, but the engine of Lewis Cook was withdrawn.

All to accommodate Joshua King.

Had we nicked the wins at Swansea and Luton this wouldn't have been such a problem. But we now have, if not a mountain, then at least a hill to climb. Swansea v Reading later to watch. Then Stoke away next which will be very difficult.
All of those sides will hopefully have bad spells too.

What a wasted opportunity and that could well come back to haunt us at the end of the season. I think Brentford are a decent team but we were bossing that second half when they broke, the Brentford player wasn't even looking when he crossed it, and Smith, as he has always done, just watched it sail over his head for a free header to the opposition. I've seen a few games with Brentford this year and they are the same as Norwich in that they don't always deserve to win but somehow find a way to do it. Something we don't currently seem capable of. Final point from me, did we actually win a header at any point in the game?

Some of our players are completely brain dead. Summary:
Smith literally helped them kill about 2 minutes by reacting petulantly. He constantly does this, he is a complete liability.
Gosling with a few seconds left, decides to hold the ball for a few seconds and pass the ball back to Cook.
Stanislas feels the need to criticise his team mates for shooting, yet I’ve never seen a player hit so many weak speculative long range shots.
our full backs are woeful and will cost us a shot at automatic promotion. We will finish in the play offs.
josh King is a joke and tbh so is JT for bringing him on before Surridge. What kind of message does that send?
Brooks is so bad at the moment it’s hard to put into words, look at the difference in quality between him and the Brentford wide forwards. Must have misplaced about 75% of his passes and never looked like making anything happen.
we played some decent football at times, especially in the first half. However imo we lack the nous and game management to mount a challenge for top 2. Our defenders switch off at vital moments, and we invite pressure onto ourselves when there is absolutely no need. This squad has the talent for sure to finish top 2 but it lacks the mentality required unfortunately.
having said that we have enough quality to finish top six. And J Simpson is proving everyone wrong to look absolute class at the back.
Oi!!!!!!!! know it all. I lost my Xmas money because of you.

I’m not sure it was hindsight to be honest? Thought it was a naive move from Tindall, for all the very reasons that have been discussed over and over on here about how we look with a central three to a two.

That system change, which automatically means you lose Solanke who had looked excellent as a 9, to then be deeper and not involved where you want an inform Solanke. Then the wingers drop deeper so the higher press is gone.

Not only an extra man in central midfield, but the engine of Lewis Cook was withdrawn.

I feel King should have come on for Brooks.

It is hindsight......how many times have we seen an attacking change like that work out for us under Eddie?..........Lewis wasn't having an impact on the game either.

;