Bristol City v AFC Bournemouth

A hard fought win away from home....wasn't pretty but we just need results now....actually thought Solanke improved for being played behind Long....looks a different player facing the goal......have to say though that Jeff was magnificent....he was everywhere....even making runs past Danjuma that Lloyd bloody Kelly should be making.....

Thought billing livened things up when he came on, for once decent subs from woodgate
Billing confuses me. I absolutely agree, at first he was a very fresh infusion. But by the end of the game, less than 45 minutes after coming on, he looked absolutely gassed, barely running even by his standards and playing passes weakly. And it's not just this game, some games it looks like he's still in bed and others he seems to be running the attack. He terrifies me, because we're either going down a man or putting on a great player but I never know which to expect.

Well 3 points at their place is good and 6 points in last two games, can’t ask for more.

In the end we ground out a win even though we had more shots and on target.

I found their misplaced shithousery fascinating;
fullback goes down holding his head from the corner for no reason which results in putting the keeper off, and no idea why they spent the rest of the game timewasting when we were there for the taking

I thought that was a much better performance than many we’ve seen in recent months. B City just appointed a good manager, have a decent squad and are in the midst of the new manager bounce. Only concern I still have is our atrocious defending from crosses, other than that pretty pleased with the overall effort put in.

Seemed almost chess like, we controlled the first 20 minutes, Pearson I THINK swapped the fullbacks around and effectively neutralised Danjuma. Our equaliser was fortunate but felt we were the better team for most of the second half and just about deserved the win in the end. Happy days.

We seem to have a bit more grit under Woodgate, there’s a lot less foreplay across the back 4 at least which I appreciate. Sort of game in the last 18 months that we’d lose 2-1 rather than win.

I found their misplaced shithousery fascinating;
fullback goes down holding his head from the corner for no reason which results in putting the keeper off, and no idea why they spent the rest of the game timewasting when we were there for the taking
Not sure that was shithousery lol, didn’t he go off on 48 minutes with a concussion in the end?

When you look at the table, definitely a game where the result was more important than the performance. If we'd only drawn tonight things would look a lot bleaker. As it is, we are still hanging on to the playoffs by our fingernails.
Two wins in a row after a poor run is a promising sign. Now to make it three, then four, then five and just maybe we can start to look forward to the playoffs at least.

Billing confuses me. I absolutely agree, at first he was a very fresh infusion. But by the end of the game, less than 45 minutes after coming on, he looked absolutely gassed, barely running even by his standards and playing passes weakly. And it's not just this game, some games it looks like he's still in bed and others he seems to be running the attack. He terrifies me, because we're either going down a man or putting on a great player but I never know which to expect.

He was only on for for 20 minutes. But yeah he started really slow. Then he had a 5 minute spell when he created the goal and busted a gut to get on everything. Then he went back to trotting about. Puzzling player.

When you look at the table, definitely a game where the result was more important than the performance. If we'd only drawn tonight things would look a lot bleaker. As it is, we are still hanging on to the playoffs by our fingernails.
Two wins in a row after a poor run is a promising sign. Now to make it three, then four, then five and just maybe we can start to look forward to the playoffs at least.

Only 8 points behind Brentford and we still have to play them at home.

;