Brooks and Kelly injuries

Not 2 hours ago, I completed an article on our hopes for the season for the Sheff Utd website.
I mentioned the injuries of last season exposing a bit of a threadbare squad, and hoping for better luck this time.

It's all my fault!

Still, at least when Dave and Lloyd do come back into the squad "they'll be like new signings". Oh hang on, Lloyd already is a new signing. :slap:

In the OHEC now
"Cherries rocked by injuries to David Brooks and Lloyd Kelly ahead of new campaign"
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...-david-brooks-lloyd-kelly-ahead-new-campaign/

Seems they first feared Kelly had fractured his ankle on Monday (Arter's tackle anyone), however it's not quite as bad and it's ligament damage instead

"As well as Brooks and Kelly, boss Howe is already expected to be missing the likes of Simon Francis, Lewis Cook, Junior Stanislas, Charlie Daniels and Dan Gosling for the start of the new campaign."
It's going well then!

So first game of the season we will be missing, through injury;

Gosling
Brooks
Kelly
Cook
Cook, L
Francis
Daniels
Stanislas

Have I missed any?

He did, I said it slightly tongue in cheek but the ball from Jordon was behind him (again) he shortened step and rolled his ankle spinning round to collect the pass, 2m19s

He had ankle problems a lot last season so hopefully this will finally address/cure the issue.

Only hope he's not going to have the same type of problems Jack Wilshere has with his ankles.

Why oh why do we suffer this catastrophic injury crisis every season?
No other club appears to be able to get near us for pre season long term injuries! It can’t be coincidence every season.

....beggars belief how many injuries get picked up in training! It is looking like Brooks has glass ankles or something?...unlucky for Kelly as he was probably hoping to make the left back berth his own from the off...and if it was Arter then he needs to reel it in a bit surely in practice?

...disappointing for all to be carrying so many players absent from the off...Cook, Cook, Gosling, Stanislas, Brooks, Daniels, Francis, Surman, Kelly, and god knows who else as we still have a few weeks to go yet!?

still at least we currently have four fit goalkeepers!

The whole training routine thing is going to start again isn’t it . At least no knee injuries ,off the top of my head .

;