Brooksie To Liverpool ?

davidwhitehead

Fans' Favourite
Rumours in the press that Liverpool are poised to offer £35 million for Brooksie. Can't see us keeping him if that's true.

It would be good to know how much will be there to reinvest in the squad once the fire sale is over. The way things are going, I could see us bringing in well over £100 million.

Will need a fair chunk of that to reinforce the squad.

I’ve said before... Brooks and Ramsdale are the players where we prove our intent and commitment. If we’re serious about a bid for promotion next year then these two need to either stay, or we sell for stupid/up front money...

Is £35m enough for us to sell? I’d probably say if it’s up front then just about yes... unfortunately... £76m from two players, with potential another £40m to come from Wilson and King?

Denim will be rubbing his hands together... I see Sheff Utd still in negotiations with Utd Re Henderson also...

Need to keep if we want to get back up, unless offered silly money. If they offer 40m they are pretty crazy and we can’t refuse that tbh.

Agreed. This move would make little to no sense for his career unless they are going to loan him out straight away, and who buys a player for 40m and then loans him out? If he is to go then a far more sensible move for him would be a mid table side where he will get the opportunity to play every week and cement himself as a star man. Brooksie gets bigger up a lot and for sure the potential is enormous, but if we’re being honest even in his full season for us he was very hit and miss, at times very classy but at others anonymous. The tabloids have a tendency to big players up before they’ve even really done anything in their careers.

He was only ever going to be here 2/3 seasons.

Not sure if he would be a bench warmer? That would be down to him.

When he first joined us he was one of the very few, to force his way in from the start. Maybe he could step up again?

He has the potential, to go all the way in my opinion.

Much rather keep him but £35m is pretty decent value, in the current climate. I also thought he looked a bit disinterested in some of the last nine games?

Assuming King definitely, and Wilson almost certainly move on, then it becomes really interesting who comes onto our shopping list.

That would have to be the end of the outgoings for me.

If Brooks hadn't been injured last season and repeated his first season form then he'd be a £50m player. If he can stay fit and show off that ability again next season then he should be a cut above in the Championship. The kind of player that can drive a team to a top six finish almost single handed, a bit like Grealish at Villa.

That's the calculation we have to make. Cash in now whilst the market is depressed or wait a season. If he gets injured again his value will plummet as that will be three seasons out of four. If he stays fit and plays as we know he can then we would benefit more on and off the pitch.

If Liverpool really want him now and he's insistent on the move then I'd try and demand full value, not corona pricing.

I’ve said before... Brooks and Ramsdale are the players where we prove our intent and commitment. If we’re serious about a bid for promotion next year then these two need to either stay, or we sell for stupid/up front money...

Is £35m enough for us to sell? I’d probably say if it’s up front then just about yes... unfortunately... £76m from two players, with potential another £40m to come from Wilson and King?

Denim will be rubbing his hands together... I see Sheff Utd still in negotiations with Utd Re Henderson also...
Would take 35m for brooks in a flash.also would let Ramsdale go if the price is right as we have travers.

I also note that Tottenham, Leeds, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Newcastle are also reportedly interested.

I also note that Tottenham, Leeds, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Newcastle are also reportedly interested.

I don’t see one of these teams being able to stump up enough cash to afford him...

If I was Max I’d be looking at £30m up front or hang tight in the hope of getting closer to £40m in Jan, having had him showing why he can do in the championship... But if the latter scenario one out, we’d have to decide if the price tag is potentially worth disrupting a promotion push...

Every premiere league club is interested in every player. According to the tabloids. Interest is one thing, but someone actually has to put up the 40m.

Every premiere league club is interested in every player. According to the tabloids. Interest is one thing, but someone actually has to put up the 40m.

It can hopefully up the price tag if we are looking to sell. Clubs won’t want to be gazumped and will want to get ahead of any perceived opposition.

Liverpool dont really have a player like Brooks. In fact Klopp doesn’t believe in no. 10’s as “counter-pressing is our best playmaker”.

If they did want a change up option though, Brooks is an upgrade on Lallana

I'd hate to see him go, in the right position and frame of mind he could be a very strong asset in the Championship and could bring out the best in Dom and Surridge.

BUT ........... selling assets high is at the core of investment strategy. Last year, Callum and Josh were tagged with astronomical values, now not so much. We got a very good deal with Nathan, but if Brooksie turns out to be injury prone in 2020/1 again, that 35M will drop like a stone ..... Wilshire-style ..........

Tough one for management. I would like to see the situations with Callum and Josh resolved first before deciding on an offer for Brooks.

I'd hate to see him go, in the right position and frame of mind he could be a very strong asset in the Championship and could bring out the best in Dom and Surridge.

BUT ........... selling assets high is at the core of investment strategy. Last year, Callum and Josh were tagged with astronomical values, now not so much. We got a very good deal with Nathan, but if Brooksie turns out to be injury prone in 2020/1 again, that 35M will drop like a stone ..... Wilshire-style ..........

Tough one for management. I would like to see the situations with Callum and Josh resolved first before deciding on an offer for Brooks.
This is a very good point. Although at the time we obviously saw keeping the majority of our better players as a positive, we have missed out on millions of pounds by not selling our assets when at peak value. We need to get better at judging when is the best time to sell. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course so easier said than done. In terms of Brooks, his value could sky rocket if he plays well next season. If the offers are around the 20m pound mark then I’d say that the risk of keeping him and potentially missing out on that money is dwarfed by the potential benefits of keeping him. However if the offer is around the 40m mark can we really afford to take the risk of turning that down? Imagine he doesn’t perform in the championship for whatever reason, we could again find ourselves in a situation where we have missed out on millions. Brentford are the example we should look to, knowing who to sell and when at prime value, reinvesting wisely and continuing to be successful. I don’t envy Max having to make these decisions tbh.

;