BT Sports - Listen up

Would you accept £50m for Ake and King?

...and before we all start on that Ake is worth £50m alone and King £25-30m, we could be in need of money and offloading players, and teams will know this... If we had an offer of somewhere between £50-60m, we'd be stupid to refuse it...

Would you accept £50m for Ake and King?

...and before we all start on that Ake is worth £50m alone and King £25-30m, we could be in need of money and offloading players, and teams will know this... If we had an offer of somewhere between £50-60m, we'd be stupid to refuse it...
If the world was as it was this time last year, I'd say no. In the current climate I think that prices are going to drop quite a bit. King going into the last year of his contract (I think) is going to impact his price as well.

Just take a moment and realise how utterly ridiculous it is that were having a discussion around our players being worth multi millions of pounds. Even after the last 7 years, my brain still thinks we should be signing cast offs from other teams and trying desperately to stop our best players going to Burnley!

All speculation of course, but I'm not even sure the whole King to Man Utd will be a consideration this summer... Man Utd are a very different team from that which tried to buy Josh in the Jan Window... Do they really need him?

All speculation of course, but I'm not even sure the whole King to Man Utd will be a consideration this summer... Man Utd are a very different team from that which tried to buy Josh in the Jan Window... Do they really need him?
If it wasn't for the personal Solskjaer - King connection, and also more recently the agent connection, I find it unlikely they'd consider King.

However if Solskjaer wants a versatile front 3 player happy to sit on the bench and fill in gaps when needed, probably for a relatevly light fee / wage by their standards, then suddenly it makes a bit more sense.

Ake will go for decent money. There are a bunch of suitors that'll throw their hat in if the price is low. Someone will have to bump it up to eliminate the competition and someone will. Maybe not quite to pre-covid levels but definitely for good wedge.

;