Bundesliga

Toronto John

Fans' Favourite
Some quick observations at the half, Dortmund 2 Schalke 0.

Very first thing we see on TV is Matts Hummels blowing a couple of snot balls on the pitch before the match has started!

It could be my imagination but it doesn't see very physical, even for Bundesliga. Not many hard tackles, a couple of times where a player helps a teammate to his feet.

It has been 2 months since football, so the pace seems a bit off, Schalke very slow getting into the game.

No post-goal celebrations ........ just a bit of socially distant dancing.

Try as I might I can't get any enthusiasm for these matches.

They are just like the videos of preseason friendlies. It's the lack of fans and atmosphere.

Football with no fans is no football.

How can anyone think finishing the season with a bunch of sterile friendlies is right . Yes I would think this even if we were mid table.

Hope sky and BT pay attention and realise these games just kill the "brand".

It has to be said - football in an empty stadium is bloody horrible.

Mind you I’m still watching it.

It's odd, no argument there but I'm enjoying it. A couple of lovely finishes mixed in with some shocking keeping. Either way, I think we're going to have to get used to this, can't see fans being back in stadiums for the start of next season unless something drastic changes.

Possibly missing some oomph because there is not any rooting interest either way. I suspect it would be more compelling if our Cherries were involved.

I'd still rather see us play under these circumstances than be subject to some arbitrary algorithm to decide our fate.

Try as I might I can't get any enthusiasm for these matches.

They are just like the videos of preseason friendlies. It's the lack of fans and atmosphere.

Football with no fans is no football.

How can anyone think finishing the season with a bunch of sterile friendlies is right . Yes I would think this even if we were mid table.

Hope sky and BT pay attention and realise these games just kill the "brand".

They're paying attention to the viewing figures. You watch and you're incentivising them to restart the EPLin the same manner.

They're paying attention to the viewing figures. You watch and you're incentivising them to restart the EPLin the same manner.
(hopefully my 10 minutes wont register)
I picked Freiburg (red and black stripes) as my team to support, turned off when a goal disallowed by VAR as some blokes armpit was judged offside.....

I can think of about a million things I would rather be doing on a lovely sunny day in Dorset rather than watch a bunch of Germans (or Italians, or Brits, or Spanish etc) kick a football around in an empty sterile stadium while the commentators try and sound excited.

Pretty nauseating listening to TalkSport gushing on about how wonderful the day was and how well the behind closed doors football worked.

Of course they would say that.

They had commentary too ..

It seems well planned but not fan friendly in terms of viewing.

When ours starts I will just wait for MOTD.

The BBC will just get the games Sky and BT don't want.

We'll probably lose most of the games anyway!

;