Callum Wilson

He is not good enough for England....and the fact that England are a Third World Force is even more telling. He is just 'a striker' who sometimes strikes....that's about it now.

...about 4 years ago it was a different matter, he was confident and occasionally lethal.....injury and lethargy came along plus the team selections and Eddies strategies all at sea.
Still a chance he could sharpen up I s'pose and cut it in this lower league within a revitalised set - up....that's his project as I see it.

He is not good enough for England....and the fact that England are a Third World Force is even more telling. He is just 'a striker' who sometimes strikes....that's about it now.

...about 4 years ago it was a different matter, he was confident and occasionally lethal.....injury and lethargy came along plus the team selections and Eddies strategies all at sea.
Still a chance he could sharpen up I s'pose and cut it in this lower league within a revitalised set - up....that's his project as I see it.
I hope your right because on last seasons performance, I've got a feeling we're going to have a job to shift him.

A lot of folk often say players owe their clubs nothing... I think Callum is the exception to the rule having suffered 2 lengthy injuries and still being rewarded with lengthy, well paid contracts... and being played regardless of form...

One would hope if we hold firm to our £25m, he wont throw his toys out and instead get his head down and work hard for his mid season move... which I am sure no one would begrudge him.

I still think he'll go and agree with @kirsikka in that I would rather have Ritchie and Gayle and see Wilson up in the NE...

Alex Crook was on TS yesterday saying that it is believed Ritchie is Tindall's No.1 target...

A lot of folk often say players owe their clubs nothing... I think Callum is the exception to the rule having suffered 2 lengthy injuries and still being rewarded with lengthy, well paid contracts... and being played regardless of form...

One would hope if we hold firm to our £25m, he wont throw his toys out and instead get his head down and work hard for his mid season move... which I am sure no one would begrudge him.

I still think he'll go and agree with @kirsikka in that I would rather have Ritchie and Gayle and see Wilson up in the NE...

Alex Crook was on TS yesterday saying that it is believed Ritchie is Tindall's No.1 target...

would love to see ritchie back here and we need to get callum off the wage bill, £25m seems about right

You don't seem to factor in anything that he's done for afcb?

You don't seem to factor in anything that he's done for afcb?

Fair point, but one could argue this last 12 months or so, he hasn't really done a lot for AFCB...? Don't get me wrong, I really like Wilson and if I'm being honest, I'd rather he did stay...

I just wonder if there is anything in there that would make him feel a small amount of loyalty to the club that gave him his break and saw him through some pretty low points, back to where he is now... Most clubs would have benched him for most of the season in his current form...

Maybe I'm being to naive ...

I really hope some of those who are thinking "I need to be in the Prem" get their wish, get found out by their new clubs and end up warming a bench or not even making the squad

Wilson was great when he had Charlie and Franno bombing down the wings and giving him crosses he’d smash in the net. When this service ceased his goal tally dropped dramatically. I still think he has goals in him but he needs those crosses from the wings.

Don't get me wrong, i said 'who would want to play up front for Bournemouth' all last season as the service was rubbish. If we would have played faster and more direct for the strikers to be able to turn the defenders i'm sure Callum would have found the net a lot more and perhaps been more interested. I know he got a lot of negatives but that was the same for Solanke too.

Don't get me wrong, i said 'who would want to play up front for Bournemouth' all last season as the service was rubbish. If we would have played faster and more direct for the strikers to be able to turn the defenders i'm sure Callum would have found the net a lot more and perhaps been more interested. I know he got a lot of negatives but that was the same for Solanke too.
But did we ever see him having a go at his teammates, screaming at them to get the ball in the right areas more quickly?

Or did he just accept it and run about to little effect?

;