Cameron Carter-Vickers

If this is true this is great news for us fans. Maybe we really are looking at getting automatic promotion next season. We live in hope

A shame. I liked him, he was a good fit for us and a very reliable performer. But in our current situation we need to be realistic and not try to match PL fees and wages. If there is PL interest in him then unfortunately we need to look elsewhere IMO.

I'd be tempted to go after Ben Davies for a season-long loan... He's obviously doing very little at Liverpool...

For a player who made our centre of defence look more solid and is only 23-years-old, £10 million is not a lot in today’s market if it helps to get your side challenging for promotion and the millions of pounds gained if you get promotion.

For a player who made our centre of defence look more solid and is only 23-years-old, £10 million is not a lot in today’s market if it helps to get your side challenging for promotion and the millions of pounds gained if you get promotion.
Yes but hopefully, as SJL suggests, with the right manager in place we will have some decent loan options from the PL available to us.

A loan with an option to sign permanently should we gain promotion would be ideal. If we can fill the position with a loanee then it would be a cheaper and most importantly lower risk option.

If we've helped CCV to get a decent move to another club, no reason we couldn't do the same for somebody else whose career in the PL is in danger of stagnating.

CCV deserves his move if it comes off. His attitude here was always first class, a real shame he was injured at the beginning of the season. Good luck to him in the future, wherever he should end up.

Depends if we have to spunk £6m on bringing Parker here as well... It's not a punt on understanding what we'd be getting but it certainly certainly is a punt on the promotion thing... I'm not sure we should be going after £10m defenders atm.

Is it not all down to who the new manager wants once that bits sorted

I would imagine/hope that whoever comes in will have a very thorough researched list of potential targets presented to them, that the club have scouted... and the manager will also have the chance to add names to that list...

Depends if we have to spunk £6m on bringing Parker here as well... It's not a punt on understanding what we'd be getting but it certainly certainly is a punt on the promotion thing... I'm not sure we should be going after £10m defenders atm.
That's the problem. CCV would only sign for us over a current PL club if we were prepared to match their wages AND length of contract. We could end up with another player on fifty grand a week for three years, which might just be unsustainable in League Two ;)

Signing him in itself is not a risk, but the duration of the contract and the wages to be paid would be too much of a commitment at the moment, I agree.
We'd be better off searching for another PL loanee as a replacement at the moment.

;