Cameron Carter-Vickers

The club tried to sign the lad from Preston but were turned down as the bid wasn’t enough, so this player on loan from Spurs is a late alternative.

Andrew Surman was born in Johannesburg and spent the first decade of his life there so he probably does count as South African. Mepham isn’t very Welsh though.
Yeah it's all a bit tongue-in-cheek. CCV was born and raised in England, like Ritchie, Arter, and Brooks (didn't realize Surman actually lived in S Africa). I think the original comment was also not serious.
Many of our "internationals" are English boys who elected to play for someone else. For whatever reason, TV announcers will always refer to players using their international credentials, so they'll call Brooks "the Welsh International", or refer to Zaha as "the Ivorian", even though the former was born in England and the latter moved there when he was four years old.

Wait arent u a JCL? My main issue with this is I dont think we need anyone at cb simpson should get the shout and if we are paying a loan fee then no we shouldnt have got him. Now plus one of our yanks doesnt rate him I'll go with a no.

The issue with Simpson is that he has so little professional match experience. That is a failure by the club to get him out on loan about 3 seasons ago.

Wait arent u a JCL? My main issue with this is I dont think we need anyone at cb simpson should get the shout and if we are paying a loan fee then no we shouldnt have got him. Now plus one of our yanks doesnt rate him I'll go with a no.

if the right player is available, improves the squad and he doesn't break the bank, we should be signing them.

What a strange way of looking at things. Firstly we are barely into the season and have already had defensive injuries to Rico, Mepham, Kelly and possibly Cook I can’t remember...Simpson can’t cover everything and then what if Simpson gets injured? Give the bloke a chance.

If we're playing three at the back, we need six CB on the books.

Count Rico as one if you like but you have to remember if Stacey or Smith pick up a knock he'd be needed at LB.

Mepham, S Cook, Kelly, Simpson, Rico and now CCV is the bare minimum of numbers we need. Even if Daniels comes back in, him and Rico only really count as a half each since they'll both be potentially used for wingback/fullback duty.

Ok. This lad has a bright future ahead, but currently he is a 17 year old who has scored one goal for Dortmund in 18 matches. How is he going to take us back to the Prem? (even if we could afford him).

it was tongue in cheek no way we can afford him. It’s not his goals. He is an assist machine breaking down defenses.

As one of the resident Americans on here and having seen him in the national team. He is one of the slowest centerbacks I’ve ever seen.

If he turns out as bad as that can I be the first to refer to him as Carter-Horse?

Of course, if he's actually pretty good as a CB stopper then can I be the first to refer to him as Vickers Valentine?

Just covering all bases.

If the team go to Dubai for warm weather training and he visits the Mall can I be the first to call him Cartier-Vickers?

;