Cameron Carter-Vickers

Let’s judge him on how he plays rather than his media training?

He was a bit dull but honest and he was right on the money when he said we were crap against QPR but the important thing was that, even so, we didn’t lose. Sounds OK to me.

Hopefully he's the sort of player who can be a good tackler as I doubt he's a twinkle toes when on the ball. Will be an interesting watch.

When both center backs went down in the first half (thankful they're alright) it made we wonder where the hell is he? Only a injury away from a CB dilemma

When both center backs went down in the first half (thankful they're alright) it made we wonder where the hell is he? Only a injury away from a CB dilemma
I know players get injured but we signed him 2 months ago and I haven’t even seen him training yet?! Get someone else on loan in Jan and may aswell terminate his if possible

Pretty sure he has been training but was lacking match fitness. It was when he was approaching that he picked up the injury.

Fingers crossed he's available soon although I do wonder about Davies at Preston. Will we go back for another nibble in January? The Championship table is tight but they aren't having the best of seasons so may wish to get what they can before he leaves for free next summer.

Harry Redkapp on his best signings as a manager-

"At Bournemouth I remember John Williams, the big centre-half. When I bought Willo in we never lost a game. I think he came in with 27 games to go in the season we won the league."

Could CCV be JT's equivalent? Let's hope so:)

"With a bid having been accepted, Bournemouth can look forward to signing a young and hungry player in Carter-Vickers, who could yet be the long sought after replacement for Nathan Ake"

Funnily enough I thought Simpson had a bit of an Ake-esque performance against Millwall. Like the look of CCV though, good to have options.

There was a Cameron Carter Vickers
Who liked to play football in lacy knickers
When asked to pass
He bared his a_rse
And insulted a group of very old vicars.
:tophat:
If I may be so bold m'lud, whilst appreciating your most excellent effort, I think my version might scan just a little bit better. Ahem ( clears throat ) :

"We signed young Cam Carter Vickers,
Who played wearing women's knickers,
When asked to pass,
He bared his a_rse,
Insulting a group of old vicars."

(y):tophat:

I now fully expect this thread to mutate into the new CCV amusing limerick thread.
Knock yourselves out guys and gals ;)

Last edited:

;