Cameron Carter-Vickers

lijaboc

Star Player
A loan deal has reportedly been put to Spurs for him.

A centre back that has been loaned out to several Championship sides over the last couple of seasons, the last one being with Luton where he got a lot of very favourable feedback from the fans. He's a USA international.

I believe however that Spurs are looking for a permanent deal for him with Luton very interested but may struggle with the fee (around £7M?)

Sounds good. Preston NE need to understand that we won't be ripped off ( well unless you are called Liverpool FC ! ), so if this is a permanent signing, it looks like they've lost out this time. Good !

Would this imply that 3 at the back is THE primary formation this season? My main issue with the Blackburn game was the midfield performance so not too many problems with that if true. There are many variations on 3 at the back after all.

Not sure where this leaves Rico, maybe in a lower league he’ll be an attacking force unleashed? Tbf the only thing going against him is pace imo.

Im just very wary of playing both of our only right backs together constantly, just seems like a poor use of the personnel. In this formation I’d have Stacey above Smith tbh.

Would this imply that 3 at the back is THE primary formation this season? My main issue with the Blackburn game was the midfield performance so not too many problems with that if true. There are many variations on 3 at the back after all.

Not sure where this leaves Rico, maybe in a lower league he’ll be an attacking force unleashed? Tbf the only thing going against him is pace imo.

Im just very wary of playing both of our only right backs together constantly, just seems like a poor use of the personnel. In this formation I’d have Stacey above Smith tbh.
Personally (and I know some are sceptical of this) I think the clues towards a back 3 were clear from the outset. Tindall’s best games as a player were in a back 3 and the early pursuit of Ritchie were enough to convince me.

The main variations are 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 (ok 5 at the back if some of you insist). The problem with the former is it leaves you a man short in the middle of the park like on Saturday. It does, however, get Danjuma in his best role and the set up is geared towards flank overloads which is what we‘ve always been about.

3-5-2 has the advantage of an extra body in midfield but it’s very demanding on the wing backs. You need a massive engine to get up and down the flank on your own for 90 mins. Probably fine for Smith and Stacey but not so much Rico. I can think of one engine that could get up and down the left flank but seems that deal is now off.

This is from back in August saying a fee of £2.5 million.

No idea how accurate their info is.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...sell-international-for-2-5m-as-price-tumbles/

More up to date.

Bournemouth have tabled seven-figure bid for the defender, who is surplus to requirements at the north Londoners.

Carter-Vickers is now discussing terms with the Cherries as he puts the finishing touches to a transfer.

Tottenham have been open to offers for the powerful defender in recent windows but were unable to agree a fee.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-accept-7-figure-bid-for-international/

Last edited:

;