Cameron Carter-Vickers

Isn't he out of contract in the summer? Given that, seven figures seems a little extreme.
Depends if someone else has made a bid, maybe we have right of first refusal or we need to prevent him signing pre-contract terms with someone else.

Either way, rarely matters at that level of fee it's lower enough to give him room to exceed expectations and not too high to cause financial challenges. Plus agreeing a salary now might be advantageous Vs needing to give £10k a week more if we wait and costs more in the long term.

If I may be so bold m'lud, whilst appreciating your most excellent effort, I think my version might scan just a little bit better. Ahem ( clears throat ) :

"We signed young Cam Carter Vickers,
Who played wearing women's knickers,
When asked to pass,
He bared his a_rse,
Insulting a group of old vicars."

(y):tophat:

I now fully expect this thread to mutate into the new CCV amusing limerick thread.
Knock yourselves out guys and gals ;)

We signed young Cam Carter-Vickers
Who was partial to eating Snickers
When asked to desist
He claimed he was pi$$ed
Because he'd been to rugby at Twickers

So what is the alleged seven figure fee? I can't get to see it on the OP link as it says I have an adblocker running which is news to me.

Depends if someone else has made a bid, maybe we have right of first refusal or we need to prevent him signing pre-contract terms with someone else.

Either way, rarely matters at that level of fee it's lower enough to give him room to exceed expectations and not too high to cause financial challenges. Plus agreeing a salary now might be advantageous Vs needing to give £10k a week more if we wait and costs more in the long term.
I was thinking this. Its possibly better financially to do a deal now than when (if) we go back up. Plus when is Steve Cooks’s contract up? Why do I have in my mind it’s end of this season? Plus, how are we going to go about scouting anybody else????

There was a young Cam Carter-Vickers,
Who oft was seen visiting vicars.
When asked "Why do that?"
He said, with straight bat,
"Because I'm Church of England.".

Needs work, obviously...

I was thinking this. Its possibly better financially to do a deal now than when (if) we go back up. Plus when is Steve Cooks’s contract up? Why do I have in my mind it’s end of this season? Plus, how are we going to go about scouting anybody else????
Yeah, Cook’s contract is up at the end of the season. Would think if we don’t go back up there would be a few prem teams willing to sign him as a backup.

He seems like quite an odd build for a modern centre back. Seems very stocky and not that tall. Bit like Miles Addison, did he start off here as a CB and moved to DM? Seemed solid enough against Oldham I guess.

Don’t start yelling at me when you start seeing all his flaws lol. That being said if he turned it around and was a solid player no one would be happier than I.

Looked good against Oldham. Won his headers and distributed the ball well. Is he ready for a start in the Championship? I would say no, but deserves a place on the bench.

Money's apparently tight but we have 7 figures to spunk on a CB with a grand total one one decent cup game against league 2 opposition??
Must be blinding in training

Isn't he out of contract in the summer? Given that, seven figures seems a little extreme.
Seems to be a solid player on what we have seen of him so far. Some have a go at JT for not buying any players (no money apparently) then when he does we have a go at him again. JT must have seen something in him to buy him, we are not exactly blessed with outstanding centre backs. So we should give him a chance. Tottenham must have seen something in him in the first place.

;