Cameron Carter-Vickers

People are talking as though we have bought him based on an article from football insider.... it’s a load of tosh. We aren’t spending anywhere near seven figures on anyone, let alone a centre back who’s out of contract in the summer, who is with us for the rest of the season anyway, and who didn’t even make the starting line up on Tuesday despite the fact we started with three centre backs! Some of the stuff these bs click bait websites come out with is just laughable, and so is the fact that people believe it tbh.

People are talking as though we have bought him based on an article from football insider.... it’s a load of tosh. We aren’t spending anywhere near seven figures on anyone, let alone a centre back who’s out of contract in the summer, who is with us for the rest of the season anyway, and who didn’t even make the starting line up on Tuesday despite the fact we started with three centre backs! Some of the stuff these bs click bait websites come out with is just laughable, and so is the fact that people believe it tbh.
Do you think there is anything that prevents Spurs cancelling the loan and selling him to someone else? If not, why loan him and not just give him free transfer. He's hardly a high profile name worthy of click bait, other than a few hundred fans no value in making this up - who benefits?

Do you think there is anything that prevents Spurs cancelling the loan and selling him to someone else? If not, why loan him and not just give him free transfer. He's hardly a high profile name worthy of click bait, other than a few hundred fans no value in making this up - who benefits?
Have you seen how many stories football insider put out of players that are about to sign ect if they were even 50% accurate then we’d have a first team squad of about 40 players

Have you seen how many stories football insider put out of players that are about to sign ect if they were even 50% accurate then we’d have a first team squad of about 40 players
I am very aware, but these stories originate from somewhere. The big question is very often who stands to gain. Most of the 'linked with' ones are broadly agents and selling clubs looking to raise interest, and quite often the players move somewhere. Obviously media happy to publish as helps fill advertising space. Sometimes they are pure fiction, but those only normally contain big names. My question was who stands to gain is probably behind this one, so while it may not be true, it's still made up for a purpose. So is this Spurs trying to get some interest before he goes free, much the same as us trying to get £15m for King.

Spoke to a Luton fan yesterday who was full of praise for ccv (and of course Stacey). Said ccv was the main reason they stayed up last season. Obviously that is different from playing at prem level but he must have some qualities.

He has impressed me in the games he has played, good on the ball, knows how to play a long ball and quite good in the air, reads the game well.
Sign him up.

I say yes. Good defenders are hard to come by. He might not be a world beater but he has a lot of things going for him. If the wage demands are sensible, absolutely. We know him, he can do a job. It would be a no risk contract IMO. Even if he ends up being second choice, he is still a safe pair of hands ( or feet maybe ? ), so yes ! He strikes me as being very "solid" and has a bit of everything to his game.

I think he's a decent young defender, if the financials make sense he seems to have plenty about him to challenge Mepham and Cook can't play forever.

I like what I've seen so far, although not at right-back on both occasions he's been shoehorned into that position by both Tindall and Woodgate.

No better than Simpson imho. Tbf I don’t think Mepham is either lol. Our back 4 should be Rico, Kelly in LCB, Cook and then Smith/Stacey. It looked pretty good when we got to see it in the PL, no idea why we haven’t seen it this season.

CCV has done nothing wrong, I wouldn’t be against signing him, but I don’t see him ever being a serious starting option on a consistent basis at a higher level. And then Mepham needs to start cutting out these serious errors or he’s going to deservedly fall down the pecking order. Kelly has been w@nk but I think he has a much higher ceiling than both at CB.

I wasn't impressed at all in him in the defeat at Derby - he got taken off at half time and looked a bit clumsy and slow. Since then he seems to have really picked up. jury out for me.

;