Can u doubt the boards commitment

Could perhaps the Russian connection and the Government be a factor with regard to "spending". Chelsea's ground plans have gone quiet and Mr A has problems coming to the UK.

We are net around £150M down in transfer fees. That's a lot of cash recoup from player sales before we even break even and in EH's own words, wages are only going up.

If we get relegated we will still get £220M in parachute payments.

Even with all the huge drama around the Amex it was less then £100M.

Agree, but increasing wages is also part of my arguement - its going to cost more and more to stay in the epl where the vast majority of our revenue comes from.
Parachute payments can soon get swallowed up covering players on large contracts.
As you say, if the amex cost 100million, on paper its not massively out of reach, its just if we're trying to do it on both fronts it could be a stretch financially so for me if it takes longer and starts with owning our current ground I'd take that

Agree, but increasing wages is also part of my arguement - its going to cost more and more to stay in the epl where the vast majority of our revenue comes from.
Parachute payments can soon get swallowed up covering players on large contracts.
As you say, if the amex cost 100million, on paper its not massively out of reach, its just if we're trying to do it on both fronts it could be a stretch financially so for me if it takes longer and starts with owning our current ground I'd take that

I take your point about liabilities for parachute payments and I think the Amex is £115M with inflation.

I guess I fail to see amongst the soaring wages and constant transfers where the wiggle room to save for a stadium is coming from. We are really only an injury crisis away from relegation and the whole Premier League adventure to come to nothing.

I take your point about liabilities for parachute payments and I think the Amex is £115M with inflation.

I guess I fail to see amongst the soaring wages and constant transfers where the wiggle room to save for a stadium is coming from. We are really only an injury crisis away from relegation and the whole Premier League adventure to come to nothing.

And therein lies the whole dilemma !
Lets hope for our sake there's a plan somewhere in the background :unsure:

We were selling literally every player we could get money for just to delay the next administration. The growing rent on the stadium driving the club in only one direction.

On the other hand with "success on the pitch", I think EH is a pretty good authority on the costs of that so here's his comments:

“There is only one way our wages are going to go while we stay in the Premier League and that is up."

Lets say we win the league next season, so what? what then? Increase everyone's wages and spend more?

If we're "putting all our eggs in one basket" I'd put it in the one that gives me a club to support for the rest of my life rather that the one that gives me a story when I'm sat in a pub watching Sky Sports at 3pm on Saturday.
That makes no sense what so ever. The stability is with the club on the pitch not off it. If we invest every last penny in a stadium the risk is we may have no club left.

first and foremost any stadium development hinges on premier league survival,

Why?
When we were promoted to the Championship the club said we would be extending our ground. We have received half a Billion £s from being in the premier league and we still cannot :

1/ Buy our 3 sided tinpot ground back (that would cost approx Jordon Ibe)
2/ Increase the size of the temp stand
3/ Build the training complex that plans have been agreed for on land that we own.
4/ Build a new ground, even after the council said that they would support us.

If we can't or won't do it now we never will IMO meanwhile a young generation of fans cannot catch that BUG that I caught 50years ago. Frustrating beyond belief.

I can not only doubt but categorically deny the board has any intention to build a new stadium and training facilities. They're committed to player investment to a degree with loud signings to bribe EH until the day he goes and all our star players will also do one anyway.

Then we will be back playing at Dorchester due to a lack of foresight and ambition whilst we were in heaven. They're all liars at this club and all of them are better than you.

Last two posts spot on .
Some AFCB fans have truly drank from the PL cool aid .The premiership is everything there is no before and no after ,we must spend tens of millions on players so we can finish mid table ,so we can spend tens of millions next season and finish mid table etc etc .That we are doing nothing whatsoever to plan for the future of the club ,after what we have experienced for decades is almost criminal ....there’s not one player in the team that should be worth more to us than actually owning our tinpot ground again .

Why?
When we were promoted to the Championship the club said we would be extending our ground. We have received half a Billion £s from being in the premier league and we still cannot :

3/ Build the training complex that plans have been agreed for on land that we own.

If we can't or won't do it now we never will IMO meanwhile a young generation of fans cannot catch that BUG that I caught 50years ago. Frustrating beyond belief.
This !!!!

Last two posts spot on .
Some AFCB fans have truly drank from the PL cool aid .The premiership is everything there is no before and no after ,we must spend tens of millions on players so we can finish mid table ,so we can spend tens of millions next season and finish mid table etc etc .That we are doing nothing whatsoever to plan for the future of the club ,after what we have experienced for decades is almost criminal ....there’s not one player in the team that should be worth more to us than actually owning our tinpot ground again .
And this !!!

Could perhaps the Russian connection and the Government be a factor with regard to "spending". Chelsea's ground plans have gone quiet and Mr A has problems coming to the UK.

Doesn't Demin have citizenship from another country now and is no longer Russian? I'm sure I read that on here but can't remember if it was Swiss or British or something else. Anyway, totally different situation to RA at Chelsea who is still Russian and is also seen as having political connections so would be an easy target for government sanctions on high profile Russians.

Meanwhile, Demin continues to invest in other businesses in the UK. For example, there was this from a couple of months ago:

https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/air-...nemouth-s-russian-owner-maxim-demin-1-5724812

That doesn't sound like someone looking to reign in their spending in England.

The new training complex is the canary for me. There was clear and obvious progress in moving the whole club forward with that project and whilst that was progressing you could understand the delays in the stadium since it would impact on the land available around the stadium. That it seemed to take a whole bunch of steps forward to the point that construction could begin then suddenly ground to a halt is concerning. Hopefully it restarts in 2019.

As for the transfer business, the vast majority of it has been buying up young talent in the belief that we could improve them and, I would assume, sell them on to the top six at vastly inflated fees. When you do that they won't all be successes but then, buying much more expensive 'proven' players don't always work out as a success either.

For a long time it felt like AFCB players were being ignored by England but that glass ceiling has been smashed by Cook and Wilson now. With our players now knowing they can get that recognition here hopefully it drives them on even more and scouts from the top table will be watching us even closer.

The one thing that hasn't happened since we got promoted is losing a player to one of them but it will happen and when it does, as long as the business people in charge at the club hold out for the right fee, the way the club reacts will be telling. Taking, for example, a £50 million fee then giving £30 million to EH to fund replacements and spending the rest of the training ground would seem like brilliant business.

Maybe that's the plan so everything is on hold until a big deal is landed. In the meantime EH has been promised the tv money as player funds. Impossible to tell and pure supposition but as someone said before it would be weird in the extreme to go through all the hassle of buying the golf course, getting through planning permission (which is never fun!) to then just stop and give up.

If Brooks carries on the way he has so far this season then we may find out in the summer! Surely he must be in with a shout at Young Player Of The Season so far?

I'm certain he has a UK passport, I searched yesterday for the link but couldn't find it immediately so didn't post it, though I've linked it here before

Why?

I agree with all of that but they haven't done any of it have they ?
Not then, not now - and they certainly wont at all if we're not in the premier league,
I believe our best chance of getting the ground back in our own hands currently is staying there,
Dont get me wrong I'm not backing the board or swallowing everything they say, its a disgrace that nothing at all has been done to address the capacity at least, but I'm trying to take a realistic approach

Last two posts spot on .
Some AFCB fans have truly drank from the PL cool aid .

Not me,
Its pretty football but it should be a means to an end, all I want from it is to own our ground and be financially stable, once thats happened fine we can settle into whatever league we end up in, trouble is if we go down with a load of new stadium debt around our neck we'll be no better off,
That's why I think, buy back the current ground and develop that along with building the training ground, no reason why this shouldnt be achievable using our own epl money

;