Canary Forum

Some years ago I was told by a nurse that GP's have a code on each patients computer medical records. One of them is NFN 'Normal for Norfolk'. I assume this implies that some Norfolk residents are a little bit 'odd'. Having said that I was living at RAF Coltishall and went to school at Aylsham in the 1959-60 period and loved it there and the people where I worked on a farm at Buxton nearby were great.

When I chose to go to university there they allegedly had the most pubs per capita in the UK.
I can assure you that this didn’t influence my decision to study there at all, that was Snetterton
:)

Shite football team though :loser:

Once upon a time there were certainly over 300 pubs and many churches. The saying used to be, "one church for every Sunday of the year and one pub for each and every day!"

Last edited:
Some years ago I was told by a nurse that GP's have a code on each patients computer medical records. One of them is NFN 'Normal for Norfolk'. I assume this implies that some Norfolk residents are a little bit 'odd'. Having said that I was living at RAF Coltishall and went to school at Aylsham in the 1959-60 period and loved it there and the people where I worked on a farm at Buxton nearby were great.

This is an an urban legend that has perpetuated. Linguist, Michael Quinion put this one to rest a long time ago. But being Norfolk,perhaps it should be a rural myth.

It's interesting that very few towns that have large numbers of pubs per head of population are football towns, Norwich being top of the list.

I always like city as an away destination and found their fans friendly and knowledgeable about football (except one prominent one) - although they see their club as the dominant one for miles around. Hate getting there though

I always like city as an away destination and found their fans friendly and knowledgeable about football (except one prominent one) - although they see their club as the dominant one for miles around. Hate getting there though

When we lived in Norwich, we always used to joke that it took an hour to get back into England.

;