Can't help but feel worried....

PLEASE not Surman and Gosling in midfield ... Eddie’s double blindspot. If we don’t strengthen in this area before the end of the window we’re guaranteed a tricky season.

If Lerma comes back late from copa if Columbia keep progressing then it will be Surman and Gosling starting v Sheff U (in our fifth season in the PL). Still, before anyone points it out, they were good enough to see off Cardiff last season!!!! Maybe Arter.... who is better than both of them?

*Sits back and waits....

Don't agree that Arter is necessarily a better player than Surman - even if we're allowed to go back to their best form years ago. Surman transformed our team when he signed and was the unsung heartbeat behind all of our success. Arter also brilliant but I don't think Surman's influence can be overstated.

It would be a rather damning statement of our summer recruitment if we end up with Gosling and Surman first choice on the opening day, or perhaps even Ake in midfield as per during the end of season injury crisis. Here's hoping for a signing, or even rapid progression of someone younger like a Hyndman or Taylor. We need more options there for the longer term.

It would be a rather damning statement of our summer recruitment if we end up with Gosling and Surman first choice on the opening day, or perhaps even Ake in midfield as per during the end of season injury crisis. Here's hoping for a signing, or even rapid progression of someone younger like a Hyndman or Taylor. We need more options there for the longer term.

Or we need Brooks in the number ten role with either one or two strikers ahead of him.

Yes - I’m taking Neil’s bait ... no midfield recruitment means mega-problems ahead. So - Phillips, Wilson, Drinkwater, AN Other???

continual degrading surman and gosling....like its some kind of necessary pre- season and weekly doom ritual goes no way to solving the cherries defensive and midfield problems....of course we know...and its obvious that they and 2 or 3 others are sooner than later to be replaced by younger players.... but there is no need of the constant sniping at two of the essential reasons we got in and stayed in the PL!
By all means focus and enthuse about future credible replacements ...and they have to be at least as good as the younger Gosling and Surman ....anything else said about them gets boring!

I think i pointed out on another thread that this time last season we had only signed Brooks,with Rico and Lerma coming after the season had started,they both made their debuts away to Chelsea.

I think i pointed out on another thread that this time last season we had only signed Brooks,with Rico and Lerma coming after the season had started,they both made their debuts away to Chelsea.
That’s not entirely true as the window shut on the Thursday before the season started. But yeah Lerma and Rico weren’t available for selection until after the start of the season.

I think the biggest point for those who are genuinely worried is to look at our outgoings. They are non existent so far. It’s just simply the case that the £10-30m market doesn’t get going in June. Cheap deals and galactico deals happen now, the middle of the market will be a little more subdued

If Lerma comes back late from copa if Columbia keep progressing then it will be Surman and Gosling starting v Sheff U (in our fifth season in the PL). Still, before anyone points it out, they were good enough to see off Cardiff last season!!!! Maybe Arter.... who is better than both of them?

*Sits back and waits....

Dawson's Patent Midfield Bingo...

Denigrate Gosling - ✅

Fantasise about Arter - ✅

Lament failed transfer policy...

You’d think it would go without saying, wouldn’t you?
No, if your best centre half is also your best midfielder, you play him wherever he's most effective.
Not sure Ake IS our best midfielder, though. But given his short stature, midfield would probably be a better fit, just based on his body type (the one thing he can't change).

No, if your best centre half is also your best midfielder, you play him wherever he's most effective.
Not sure Ake IS our best midfielder, though. But given his short stature, midfield would probably be a better fit, just based on his body type (the one thing he can't change).
If Lloyd Kelly quickly demonstrated he was going to be a quality CB in the PL then yes Aké in midfield is an option. I’m dubious as he is far from our best midfielder and also height isn’t nearly as important for a CB as it once was.

;