Votes: 40 46.5%
  • Andrew Surman

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
IF Simon Francis plays more of a back up role next season who do you think should be captain next season? Should he remain as captain or should someone else take over?

Listed a few options of the most likely candidates....

Steve Cook with Lewis Cook vice- captain. When Lewis has another seasons experience swap em round. Gives it a fresh start if you change captains every couple of seasons. If it doesn't work after a third of the season swap Ake for one of them. This is the time for some changes now we've cracked three seasons in it. We might even sign someone who would be suited to captain when he settles in.

I went for Steve Cook, not really sure what the club captain thing means, at least for us being as so many of our players are fully involved in community stuff all the time, which is something Pugh is almost always front of the queue for

Went for Lewis, although young he must have something about him to captain The England team .

Captain is really one of those things we can only guess at ,not being in the changing rooms ,training pitches etc.

I went for Steve Cook, not really sure what the club captain thing means, at least for us being as so many of our players are fully involved in community stuff all the time, which is something Pugh is almost always front of the queue for

Club captain will have a large input with all areas such as youth teams, a team captain worries about the first team only. Francis is obviously a very popular figure.

Captain is really one of those things we can only guess at ,not being in the changing rooms ,training pitches etc.

And there has never been any drama or press articles about us having an unhappy camp like you get occasionally for every other team, which is why I voted for continuity.

I love Franno and since Ritchie left he has been my favourite player.

On the pitch though he doesn't strike me as a leader.

He doesn't gee the players up or motivate them or gee the crowd up in the way Tommy Elphick did.

In fact when something goes wrong he often blames someone else and throws his hands up in the air.

I see more captain qualities in Steve Cook.

It will be Francis. I’ve heard from several people he’s extremely popular with the rest of the squad.

Whether he’ll be playing every week I don’t know, but if he is on the pitch, he’ll obviously have the armband

It will be Francis. I’ve heard from several people he’s extremely popular with the rest of the squad.

Whether he’ll be playing every week I don’t know, but if he is on the pitch, he’ll obviously have the armband

He'll be playing every game this season. I presume Surman is vice and club captain again?

;