Captain?

ChampagneCherry

First Team
With Franno moving on, Surman gone, Ake gone, and competition for Steve Cook's place, who is likely to be named JT's new captain.

To end the unlikely and unhelpful rumours, I would name Lewis. Give him the confidence that he can be at the heart of the club for the next 4/5 years.

Don't know what he would be like behind the scenes but having captained the England U20 world cup Winners, then to overlook how this might signal positive change would be a mistake for me.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
With Franno moving on, Surman gone, Ake gone, and competition for Steve Cook's place, who is likely to named JT's new captain.

To end the unlikely and unhelpful rumours, I would name Lewis. Give him the confidence that he can be at the heart of the club for the next 4/5 years.

Don't know what he would be like behind the scenes but having captained the England U20 world cup Winners, then to overlook how this might signal positive change would be a mistake for me.

Thoughts?

@Topfarrier You got this one buddy?

Cook no doubt, whether right or wrong. Always thought Gosling would be a good capt. but don't think hell get enough mins on the pitch, even in the champ.

Cook no doubt, whether right or wrong. Always thought Gosling would be a good capt. but don't think hell get enough mins on the pitch, even in the champ.

When you say right or wrong, does that mean you have no doubts JT will choose him, but loads of doubts if you would make same decision.

Hadn't considered Gosling, maybe Club Captain for him, even if not team Captain.

I agree S Cook is most likely to be chosen by JT, but I also think it would be a mistake too, plus Kelly + Mepham for me is a better pairing so Steve wouldn't make my first choice team.

Steve Cook, absolute no brainer.
Could not disagree more tbh. He has key weaknesses that a captain of a successful side needs to possess. He is very prone to drops in confidence and you can visibly see when he is struggling mentally, a captain needs to be able to pick his team up when the going gets tough, Cook is unable to even pick himself up. I’d give it to Gosling 100%, this is the kind of character we need leading on the pitch.

Could not disagree more tbh. He has key weaknesses that a captain of a successful side needs to possess. He is very prone to drops in confidence and you can visibly see when he is struggling mentally, a captain needs to be able to pick his team up when the going gets tough, Cook is unable to even pick himself up. I’d give it to Gosling 100%, this is the kind of character we need leading on the pitch.

The captain needs to be on the pitch for the majority of games, otherwise we might as well give it to Fletch.

;