Carabao Cup

Decent draw. I went when we drew with them at the Old Lawn 1-1 and in the replay 3-1 win in the FA Cup 15 years ago. Should beat the progressive vegans just hope we win a league game before then.

Decent draw. I went when we drew with them at the Old Lawn 1-1 and in the replay 3-1 win in the FA Cup 15 years ago. Should beat the progressive vegans just hope we win a league game before then.

Can’t quite believe it was 15 years ago.

Decent FA Cup run that season. Went to the old Lawn with my Dad deciding randomly of the morning of the match that it would be a good idea. :)

Parked in a field, walked around their portacabin’s which were not only the changing rooms but their offices as well.

Spoke to some bloke who was acting like all his Christmas’ had came at once with this draw.

Went in their supporters bar, won enough on the fruit machine to pay for the tickets, drinks and food.

Can’t remember anything about the game. Great day.

Decent FA Cup run that season. Went to the old Lawn with my Dad deciding randomly of the morning of the match that it would be a good idea. :)

Parked in a field, walked around their portacabin’s which were not only the changing rooms but their offices as well.

Spoke to some bloke who was acting like all his Christmas’ had came at once with this draw.

Went in their supporters bar, won enough on the fruit machine to pay for the tickets, drinks and food.

Agree, a really good away day.....and for some reason I also don’t remember the game!

15 years !!! Was it really that long ago.?
Great day out, and friendly supporters.

So much has changed at AFCB, we are in the unimaginable position of achieving Premier League status, spearheading the hopes of all minor teams. It can be done....we proved it.

Didn't watch the draw. Was it a bonafide old style draw...You remember, 1st team out is home, 2nd team away?

I also wouldn't have thought it was 15 years ago....I was 'courting' my wife to be [ as us oldies might say ]....at that time and we saw the home game.

My recollections.

Train to Stroud, taxi to Nailsworth - pleaded to be let in the Con club to watch Spurs - Arsenal (think it was 4-5?)

Met Geordie Bob (a local) - said he would give us a lift up to the next pub halfway up the hill.
Couple there - and then Bob said he would drive us to the ground.
Good match, although Hayter got injured.
Jefferson Louis scored their goal, he sat with us on the train back to London, shared some dubious videos from his phone with us.

Top day.

I might be wrong, but Forest Green Rovers used to be called Jossy's Giants.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzlllp.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzlllp.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2
Ticket details now up on COWS.

Weds 28th August @ 19.45.

Tickets £10, £5 concessions and kids (under 16) for a quid. Very fair pricing.

Annoyingly it doesn’t say anything about whether the game will be added to ST cards or not.

;