Cardiff City v AFC Bournemouth

Agreed. Never felt like we would concede. Cahill a real difference maker.
We wouldn't be saying that if QPR had scored that late equaliser that he gifted them.....he did something similar late in the game on Saturday where he hacked it clear when Travers was about to gather it.......maybe a hearing aid might be of use?

The problem is that we have a threadbare squad with no wingers, having lost the like of Hoilett, Harry Wilson, Ojo and loaned out Josh Murphy. When Mick arrived at the beginning of the year, we played some lovely attacking football and Moore benefited from having four decent wingers. This season, the width should be coming from wing backs but we don't have any effective players to fulfil that role. Without that outlet, we have resorted to the safety first hit and hope style over the past few games. We do have Ryan Giles on loan from Fulham, who has great potential, but he has been struck down by covid.

Whereas the playoffs would be the minimum expectation normally, the emergence and development of five or six decent prospects from the academy is seen as more important to the majority of fans. There are plenty who are moaning about the present style of football, but Mick is a stayer who will develop teams, even though that will take time.

With a fit again Ryan Giles, we should see a much better balanced side and Moore and James Collins will certainly benefit from his wing play and crossing ability.
You say that Mick is a stayer but in my mind he is one of the managers who sit on the Managers Merry-go-round at the of each season., You may think I'm doing him a mis-justice but it's certainly not my intention, I wonder how many Clubs he has had in the last 5yrs....I've no idea.

We wouldn't be saying that if QPR had scored that late equaliser that he gifted them.....he did something similar late in the game on Saturday where he hacked it clear when Travers was about to gather it.......maybe a hearing aid might be of use?
He’s not perfect, the QPR lapse was a big error that could have been very costly. Can’t say I remember the Cardiff incident you refer to but I’ll take your word for it. In general the defence looks a lot more organised and solid a unit with him in it, Kelly for example has looked a lot better almost instantly with Cahill’s experienced head next to him. Despite his age, I also can’t recall him being done for pace yet either despite facing a few pretty nippy forwards so far. Think we’re at a point now that footballers are such dedicated athletes that age is not so much of an issue.

I'm glad Mepham didn't start the game, he's too slow. I guess SP will win Manager of the Month and on another completely different I'd like to ask, who was standing by the side of SP during his interview, was it Richard O'Kelly , one time Cherries man?

I'm glad Mepham didn't start the game, he's too slow. I guess SP will win Manager of the Month and on another completely different I'd like to ask, who was standing by the side of SP during his interview, was it Richard O'Kelly , one time Cherries man?
Tbh I imagine Mepham could beat Cahill in a sprint. Cahill is so good at reading the game that at this level he probably looks a bit quicker than he actually is.

He's moaning about moaning.

Perfectly acceptable once you get to 60
He did, seems to stand behind the players, letting them get all the love, whilst talking to each player individually congratulating them. Then as they moved away, he stood there,gave us a few waves and a big smile. I know I'm a"happy clapper" but he seems more look at my team not look at me : )

SP seems bit nervous in the limelight. Has a shy side I think. His introduction to the crowd at Dean Court was so short you could've blinked and missed it. Important for him to acknowledge the supporters, though:)

Some people say they like the look of Rogers but I've only seem him once so far when he came on against QPR and the first thing and only thing he did was tread on the ball and fall over.

I thought he chipped in relatively well with the defending.

Cahill may not be quick but he has so much experience that he doesn't really need pace. It's him reading the game, organising those around him and getting himself into the right position to nullify the opponent's moves that works so well. He's, to me, our best signing in the January window. Has he got just this season left in his engine or could he manage another with the right care?
Last season we conceded 1 goal per game, so far this season it's 0.75, a 25% improvement.

You say that Mick is a stayer but in my mind he is one of the managers who sit on the Managers Merry-go-round at the of each season., You may think I'm doing him a mis-justice but it's certainly not my intention, I wonder how many Clubs he has had in the last 5yrs....I've no idea.

This surprises a lot of people, probably because he has been around so long.

Apart from his misadventure in Cyprus last year, Mick's minimum tenure at a club is three years. He has also had two stints as national manager .....

1992–1996 Millwall
1996–2002 Republic of Ireland
2003–2006 Sunderland
2006–2012 Wolverhampton Wanderers
2012–2018 Ipswich Town
2018–2020 Republic of Ireland
2020–2021 APOEL
2021– Cardiff City

Interesting looking at this. Of the 3 teams eventually promoted, only Watford were in the top 6 at the time. And Reading were steaming along. Serves as a good reminder that it's a marathon not a sprint, and no-one gets promoted in September! We've made a great start this season, but that's all it is. Long way to go....
I think that's a really good point, we should enjoy it while it lasts and
"Meet Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same "

Tbh I imagine Mepham could beat Cahill in a sprint. Cahill is so good at reading the game that at this level he probably looks a bit quicker than he actually is.

Reminds me of a stat I saw on van dijk that surprised me; his stats for tackling or something along those line were fairly low. Purely because he reads the game so well that he’s never in a position to need to make a tackle. He just “gets to the ball”. I remember us playing Southampton and thinking this guy is somehow everywhere yet so relaxed on the ball. Cahill is probably a championship equivalent of this.

Interesting looking at this. Of the 3 teams eventually promoted, only Watford were in the top 6 at the time. And Reading were steaming along. Serves as a good reminder that it's a marathon not a sprint, and no-one gets promoted in September! We've made a great start this season, but that's all it is. Long way to go....

Norwich's quality just rose to the top and Watford had that run where they seemed to win every game in the spring.

He’s not perfect, the QPR lapse was a big error that could have been very costly. Can’t say I remember the Cardiff incident you refer to but I’ll take your word for it. In general the defence looks a lot more organised and solid a unit with him in it, Kelly for example has looked a lot better almost instantly with Cahill’s experienced head next to him. Despite his age, I also can’t recall him being done for pace yet either despite facing a few pretty nippy forwards so far. Think we’re at a point now that footballers are such dedicated athletes that age is not so much of an issue.
The Cardiff incident was Travers calling for the ball and Cahill ignoring him and putting his foot through it. Bit of safety first or not trusting people around him, who knows ?

The Cardiff incident was Travers calling for the ball and Cahill ignoring him and putting his foot through it. Bit of safety first or not trusting people around him, who knows ?
I don’t have a problem with that as long as he gets it to safety. Took responsibility in that situation.

Excellent point to make. However I am excited about the strength and depth of the squad.

;