Cardiff - The verdict

...not saying that just that the goals should come from elsewhere on the pitch as we can't expect Dom Solanke to get us 20 goals this season?
I would prefer us to be a team not solely reliant upon the strikers being in top form. Let's face it, the kind of strikers we can afford are going to be a bit up and down. That doesn't matter so much if we play in a way which gives other players an opportunity to get forward and get on the scoresheet themselves.
So far JT seems to be heading in that direction, the shackles are off, players are having a crack from distance, have no fear of being told off for it.

Another major thing I noticd last night, the players seem unable to hit a moving ball first time, they have to take a touch before shooting by which time it's too late their closed down. Surely that's should be covered in training.

Last edited:
..absolutely no question that with a more prolific marksman we would be top of this league. We are creating openings just not being good enough to convert them unfortunately. Maybe a more motivated Josh King will provide a better return but not sure he is someone we can rely on at the moment...

I hope that JT is working on other players being able to finish better and take their oportunities like Surridge, Stacey and Stanislas
Callum Wilson is a more prolific marksman but he also missed sitters....

Another major thing I noticd last night, the players seem unable to hit a moving ball first time, they have to take a touch before shooting by which time it's too late their closed down. Surely that's should be covered in training.

It probably is covered in training, but have you ever tried to hit a moving ball and get it on target?

Unless your target is the car park, it's not as easy as it appears on MOTD

Dreadful performance. For the third time out of three this season we let an away lead disappear. The marking of Wilson was pathetic, he must be having a good laugh at getting so much time to shoot.
We have now started our roll down the table. The failure to invest in decent forwards is certainly showing.

Dreadful performance. For the third time out of three this season we let an away lead disappear. The marking of Wilson was pathetic, he must be having a good laugh at getting so much time to shoot.
We have now started our roll down the table. The failure to invest in decent forwards is certainly showing.
Well hard to invest in more forwards when king is still around isn't going to happen. We have him and brooks to come in

Hard to tell if this is serious, or a joke. That was one of the best performances we've seen in months.

It probably is covered in training, but have you ever tried to hit a moving ball and get it on target?

Unless your target is the car park, it's not as easy as it appears on MOTD

Yes I have hit a moving ball and on target, but that's another story! Harry Wilson on Wednesday did not find it a problem to hit the equaliser with a moving ball. That's the difference in levels of quality.

;