Cardiff v AFC Bournemouth

Gosling will start instead of Lerma - no point in rushing him back and Cardiff ruffing him up the wrong way to get sent off.

Cook maybe rested for Mepham as Cookie's groin pull may need a rest.

What Eddie Howe has to say re injuries etc.

Midfielder Jefferson Lerma also missed the midweek fixture, and in his pre-match press conference at Vitality Stadium, the Cherries manager said the Colombian will be given the best chance to play in south Wales.

“Callum will be out,” he said. “With Jefferson we will see how he is today and make a late call on him. Other than that I think we’re as we were.”

January signing Dominic Solanke was on the bench against Chelsea and Howe said he feels his new frontman is getting closer to his debut for the club.

He commented: “Dominic Solanke was on the bench for Chelsea, so is available to play. I wouldn’t say he is 100% ready to play, and it’s difficult to get there when you have so many games to play, but we’re pleased with his progress.”

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/team-news-wilson-out-lerma-to-be-assessed-late

We have to go for Europe....you have to go for Everything ...no point being in the PL otherwise. We have a different manager and set up than Burnley and they might have had other problems! Saints and Pompey have been in Europe..so we have to match that as a target at some time in our History...it's getting closer....it has to be during this Ride surely! History will have it that at least someone had a go ....even if we don't get a Euro trophy..highly unlikely...if we get in it, we will win it !

...agree that Brooks, Steve Cook and Fraser look like they could do with a bit of a rest...but I doubt very much that they will want to!!

...the Europe thing will look after itself if we can play well and pick up enough points between now and the end of the season...however I do feel that Wolves,Watford,Leicester and Everton are ahead of us in many ways...I would expect Wolves given their side to clinch 7th?

I will just be content with a top ten finish and consolidation tbh

...why rest Smith...he is integral to our recent upturn in form? Would hope that he would want to play as well? Daniels is a big risk to start IMO..would prefer Gosling to Surman in a game that will be probably feisty and hard fought?

I dunno, he's just come back from injury? MIGHT need a rest, maybe? If he's comfortable playing games in quick succession fairly soon after coming back from injury, then absolutely he should stay in the team. Though I disagree with you on the other thing; we're probably going to have more of the ball, and Goslings passing is usually horrendous, so I'd opt for Surman if Lerma's back; even though Gosling is more of a presence. If Lerma's not back, then it doesn't matter I suppose.

I'd also be perfectly fine with Gosling and Lerma, its just that I think Eddie will keep Surman in the team.

If you leave it to the players then they are always going to want to play. A good manager will think of a player’s long term interests. Fortunately we have a highly paid sports science team to help with these decisions. Also helps we aren’t desperate for points too...

...the Europe thing will look after itself if we can play well and pick up enough points between now and the end of the season...however I do feel that Wolves,Watford,Leicester and Everton are ahead of us in many ways...I would expect Wolves given their side to clinch 7th?

I will just be content with a top ten finish and consolidation tbh

I can now see why some fans got fed up with the media fawning over us when we came up....the amount of praise Wolves have been given has also been over the top IMO. And they are a club I do admire. But despite their admittedly eye catching results against some of the top six, they have also had slip ups against lower sides to remember. Even with our horrendous run of results, there is two points between us.

The four teams you mention are really no better than us on the pitch. They have some players that are quality for sure but then again, so do we. They also all have weaknesses, same as us.

Look what Europe did for Burnley. Top ten finish would be fantastic for me but not Europe, its a poison chalice.
Depends on squad depth. At the start of this season I thought we were deep enough; now I'm not so sure. However, with addition of Mepham and Solanke things are looking better.
I think we currently have a deeper and better squad than Burnley did in September.

I can now see why some fans got fed up with the media fawning over us when we came up....the amount of praise Wolves have been given has also been over the top IMO. And they are a club I do admire. But despite their admittedly eye catching results against some of the top six, they have also had slip ups against lower sides to remember. Even with our horrendous run of results, there is two points between us.

The four teams you mention are really no better than us on the pitch. They have some players that are quality for sure but then again, so do we. They also all have weaknesses, same as us.
...I mention those four teams because they always seem to be able to avoid some of the poor runs that we go on, and therefore our consistency is often our reason for falling behind the top ten? It is tight and I hope that we can grab 7th place (which would be amazing)

We're just better than Burnley as well, as are Watford, Leicester, West Ham and now Wolves. I think all of these teams, and us, would fare better in Europe.

It was an absolute fluke that they finished 7th last season; not because they didn't deserve it, or earn it (they did), but through playing that style of football. Scoring barely any goals and relying so heavily on last ditch defending, as well as getting a lot of luck. This season they look far shakier, and the luck has abandoned them.

All of the teams above them now have attacking depth they could only dream of.

...I mention those four teams because they always seem to be able to avoid some of the poor runs that we go on, and therefore our consistency is often our reason for falling behind the top ten? It is tight and I hope that we can grab 7th place (which would be amazing)

Absolutely agree generally....guess its kind of mad that we do go on these ridiculous runs of bad results yet we are still pretty much on the same points as all these teams!

Depends on squad depth. At the start of this season I thought we were deep enough; now I'm not so sure. However, with addition of Mepham and Solanke things are looking better.
I think we currently have a deeper and better squad than Burnley did in September.

I think the fact that we have had a lot of players out injured long term over this season, but are still Top 10 (atm), would suggest that our squad depth is actually pretty good.

Completely get what you mean though, our squad is far more balanced now. Moving on Pugh, Defoe and Mings (talented as he probably is) and bringing in Solanke and Mepham leaves us looking in excellent shape. We've essentially replaced token squad places with players who will actually (hopefully) contribute, and fill in some gaps in the squad.

The only thing that is annoying me slightly in terms of the balance of the squad, is the abundance of left backs. Daniels, Rico and now Adam Smith, all competing for one spot with no cup competitions to stake a claim. I can't see Rico making another appearance for us this season, which is shame because I rate him.

We're just better than Burnley as well, as are Watford, Leicester, West Ham and now Wolves. I think all of these teams, and us, would fare better in Europe.

It was an absolute fluke that they finished 7th last season; not because they didn't deserve it, or earn it (they did), but through playing that style of football. Scoring barely any goals and relying so heavily on last ditch defending, as well as getting a lot of luck. This season they look far shakier, and the luck has abandoned them.

All of the teams above them now have attacking depth they could only dream of.
Indeed.
We've already scored more goals (37) than Burnley did (36) over their entire 7th-place season.
That is nuts when you think about it.

;