Carl Fletcher

The way I read it is that this is a new position the club has never had before (full-time manager for loan players). It makes us a little less tinpot.
In theory, maybe a bit more closely-connected to the first team? From his comments it sounds like he wanted it.

Perhaps the club expect an increase in the number of lads we loan out in the coming months. We've usually got a few at any given time, but I can't imagine that needs a full time position currently.

Make sense given Carl has been managing some of the lads for a while and he can now given continuity of management while they are on loan. I remember a few years ago, a former player (was it Baudry?) complaining when he was on loan no one watched him? I think after 5 years he is due a change and good he wants to stay at the club.

Sounds like a good idea to me....neither a demotion or promotion really..but closer to a promotion bearing in mind it's a ' new' idea? I
can't see it being anything other than positive if Eddie is in favour of it!I
Closer monitoring of Surridge and others will benefit the club and players I reckon. Eddie hasn't got time to do it all even though he gets out of bed around 5 in the morning!!
Fletcher..Fletcher..Cooper..Molesley ..it's a Dynasty, bring it on!
I'm watching Molesleys progress at Weymouth Very closely ! I've chucked money in theirs and Pooles buckets too a few years back.!

If Eddie left without Jason....another partnership?

I think the job description is excellent and Carl is a very suitable appointment for the job.

It’s very important we keep a very close look on all our players whilst they are out of sight from team management. I’m surprised we haven’t previously had anyone looking after the development of our players, whilst they are out on loan.

Seems he's been offered a Head Coach role at Leyton Orient. Always done a good job here, seems that EH (or more likley Joe Roach) likes to rotate his age level coaches for continuity. So while he's out of the rotation at the minute, he might well be tempted by it, for more hands on work, and obviously being a more senior role

They have not had a disastrous start to the season. 5 points off the play offs, won their last 2 games.
It's a good shot for Fletch.

"I’m really looking forward to getting out there and experiencing another part of the football world, visiting a few of the wives of ex-players..." :whist:

Good luck Carl.

Eddie Howe believes “born winner” Carl Fletcher is the right man to lead Leyton Orient, having departed Vitality Stadium.

Fletcher completed a switch to League Two side The O’s on Wednesday, swapping his Cherries loan player manager role for a return to first team management.

The 39-year-old leaves AFC Bournemouth with Howe’s blessing, and the boss is confident he has all the attributes to be a success at Brisbane Road.

"Carl is extremely hard-working, has really good opinions on the game and has had some brilliant experiences in the game, both as a player and as a manager," Howe told afcb.co.uk.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/howe-pleased-for-born-winner-fletcher

Reactions: sdr
If he does extremely well then who knows, maybe he'll be coming back one day as Howe's replacement when EH decides to move on. At the very least, it's a great option for us to send loan players to so we should benefit from it as well. We know we can trust him with them.

Good luck to him. I hope he's a huge success there.

I love that volley he got against...... someone. Well, it was a long time ago. Was one of my fave players of that era.

;