Carl Fletcher

"It's unfortunate for the club that we have parted company with Carl after such a short time, particularly as we are a club that tries to preserve stability," chairman Nigel Travis said in a statement.
Yes 29 days is plenty of time to get in there and to see what you have to work with and implement the way you want the team to play!! Must be one of the shortest ever managerial appointments!

Since his previous role hasn’t been filled yet, I’m sure the club will offer it back to him pronto. If he wants it of course

I didn't expect him to be gone so quick. It took Eddie Howe 7 years to figure Carl was not up to it, and it took Orient just 29 days.

Reminds me of Chris Hargreaves, 1st Team Coach sacked by Eddie Howe and then couldn't even cut the ice as Torquay United's manager.

I didn't expect him to be gone so quick. It took Eddie Howe 7 years to figure Carl was not up to it, and it took Orient just 29 days.

Reminds me of Chris Hargreaves, 1st Team Coach sacked by Eddie Howe and then couldn't even cut the ice as Torquay United's manager.

I remember Chris Hargreaves being in demand by both Northampton & Torquay back in January 2014, both clubs were at the wrong end of league 2 & he was the early favourite for the Northampton job.

He took the Torquay job & later that month Northampton appointed Chris Wilder.

Wilder steered Northampton out of the relegation places & kept them up, Torquay were relegated & Hargreaves left because he couldn't agree terms at non-league level.

Football fortunes eh?

sad to say..... it had a sort of inevitability about it

Think it says more about orient than fletch. Why did they appoint him - should have asked all the experts on here before appointment!

Orient fans on Twitter were VERY scathing after their Cup defeat at the weekend, said he has shown no signs of having a clue in the four games he had. I still think that is way too early to really judge any new management team. Its very sad to say but the loss of Justin Edinburgh has probably meant any new man in the role will be put up against what he did for them.

Reading the Orient message board it wasn't a new management team but Carl and the original set of coaches. Apparently a bust up recently. They paid us a "transfer" fee as well.

Reading the Orient message board it wasn't a new management team but Carl and the original set of coaches. Apparently a bust up recently. They paid us a "transfer" fee as well.

So, he had to take their entire management group? Well, he should have been able to turn it around in two weeks then. tic

Crazy sacking anyone after a month.
It’s the crazy world lower league football has become. Sometimes you get ignorant fans asking why managers get a pay off when they are sacked. To protect them from this **************** is why.

In no other industry would someone leave a stable well paid job for a less stable well paid job in which you could be paid on the dole 4 months later. Carl is lucky (hopefully) that AFCB is an ethical club who will restore his original position. Other young coaches won’t have the same fortune or salary. It’s something for the Managers PFA (whatever it’s called) to look into.

Martin Ling clearly agrees that stability is important so to sack him after one month it must have been very, very bad. How anyone can blame Orient for this is beyond me... they were doing ok to he got there, he changed the style of play for no reason and the team collapsed.

I would imagine he was on a probationary period so to act now was cheaper.

It backs up my biggest concern. Playing in the same team as Eddie doesn’t make you a good coach but 80% of our coaches have this as their ticket to a career.

Martin Ling clearly agrees that stability is important so to sack him after one month it must have been very, very bad. How anyone can blame Orient for this is beyond me... they were doing ok to he got there, he changed the style of play for no reason and the team collapsed.

I would imagine he was on a probationary period so to act now was cheaper.

It backs up my biggest concern. Playing in the same team as Eddie doesn’t make you a good coach but 80% of our coaches have this as their ticket to a career.

I understand your point Neil - but Liverpool's continued success throughout the 70's and 80's was based on promoting from within - the "boot room"

Perhaps Eddie is hoping to create a similar long term strategy?

;