Championship 21/22

We really don’t go into the play offs with a bang though do we. We go into the play offs completely deflated that we have thrown away an almost insurmountable points gap.
Was just following up on the previous comment.

To be honest, I don't know how anyone can reasonably expect how this team will react to anything. This comeback could propel us to a blistering win over Rovers, or we could just as easily go back into a shell. We could blow Forest out of the water and lose to Millwall. If you just woke up from a deep sleep and saw the table as it stands, three points ahead with a remaining home match against the closest chaser, you would take it in a minute. In investment-speak, "past performance does not guarantee future results". All to play for, edge to the Cherries.

Was just following up on the previous comment.

To be honest, I don't know how anyone can reasonably expect how this team will react to anything. This comeback could propel us to a blistering win over Rovers, or we could just as easily go back into a shell. We could blow Forest out of the water and lose to Millwall. If you just woke up from a deep sleep and saw the table as it stands, three points ahead with a remaining home match against the closest chaser, you would take it in a minute. In investment-speak, "past performance does not guarantee future results". All to play for, edge to the Cherries.

So much easier when supporting the underdog cherries, low expectation but often in recent years satisfactory outcome. Many fans increasingly underwhelmed, even more so when stage a comeback like that tonight to show what the team can do. Repaired most of the damage of 3-0 down but dropped points poor tonight.

Our home form isn’t that great of late - clearly the self-congratulated booing of players was a false dawn given we have just 2 home wins out of 5 since Peterborough.

For me tonight was the pivotal night and it’s edge forest imho given they have gone to Fulham and won away so will feel confident about repeating the feat at our place. More so that we often seem to dip midweek.

Still twists to come no doubt and maybe us getting Moore back just as forest lose 2 key strikers may make the difference. Hopefully forest start to feel the burden of expectation we have been struggling with in recent games.

Last edited:
Wasn’t the result I was hoping for, but could be another crucial point on the basis that assuming Forest win on the weekend, we can take a draw at Blackburn and go into the head to head with both sides knowing that Forest have to win to get ahead of us with 1 game to play whilst a win for us will seal promotion. Fine psychological lines perhaps but I’ll take it given where we could have been in the closing minutes of the last 2 games.

Don’t want to be going into that Forest game with them ahead of us.

What the 'most talented squad ' brigade fail to realise is ....other clubs are by nature always trying to improve theirs and over the course of a season two or three clubs will do just that and end up being better....while at the same time some clubs get injuries to key players and have made daft moves in the transfer market.
Then if you said All the squads in the div are about equal in talent....the other things to consider are Leadership .Complacency..Luck...and Game Management by both manager and players.
Our players couldn't compose themselves out of panic when the Swansea players ran riot and scored 2 early goals.....the third goal was always coming !
Blackburn will have this observance available in their planning for Saturday.

Last edited:
My man Surridge will be God Up for his next 2 games against 2 of his previous clubs...a player we nurtured over quite a few years and now doing the bizz in opposition.
Along with our magnificent old player Cook ...2 grafters who have been recognised as such by a canny manager !
We can only hope they suddenly hit a drop in form !

Scotty needs to get in a tracksuit and start motivating players that are only giving it half steam.....where is the much vaunted hardman and maestro Pearson for one example ? What really does Lewis Cook bring to the effort...with Steve Cook you had passion...everyone was saying what a player Kilkenny is..where is he now?
..are there STILL off - field cliques and dressing- room disorder...ethnic cliques even ..an anti - Parker crusade..inspired somewhat by players reading Crap from elitist Forum sources...
When the Apex of the teams passion seems to be Smithy chucking himself to Earth during games.. then something is wrong.
These are the questions needed...I would lay this stuff down so intensely in a pub face to face that I'd likely draw a punch from somewhere...
...but I just want big things for my Club !

What really does Lewis Cook bring to the effort...with Steve Cook you had passion...

..are there STILL off - field cliques and dressing- room disorder...ethnic cliques

even ..an anti - Parker crusade..inspired somewhat by players reading Crap from elitist Forum sources...

Wow, where do I start?

Lewis Cook - you really don't watch games, do you. He's been magnificent of late

"Ethnic cliques" - please do explain what you mean by that and where the evidence is?

And finally, I really think you overestimate the likelihood of players (a) reading this shit and (b), even if they do, being swayed by it one way or the other....

Wow, where do I start?

Lewis Cook - you really don't watch games, do you. He's been magnificent of late

"Ethnic cliques" - please do explain what you mean by that and where the evidence is?

And finally, I really think you overestimate the likelihood of players (a) reading this shit and (b), even if they do, being swayed by it one way or the other....
Leave him, hes a deluded fuckwit, and he'll claim hes being edgy and on a wind-up later.

Again the Championship is going to be another exciting end to the season.

AFCB and Forest with 3 games to go now a difference of 3 points with both clubs having a 30 GD, fighting for the last automatic place.

The play-offs down to 9th place Middlesbrough who still have an outside chance of getting there.

This is why some fans prefer the Championship to a struggle in the Premier League.

;