Charlie Daniels

AFCB+TFC

First Team
I know this has been discussed before but I think it deserves its own thread.

Daniels was obviously fantastic for most of last year but has been in poor form for awhile now dating back to the tail end of last season.

Is it time to drop him and give Ake or B. Smith a chance?

If so, which one should replace him and why (haven't seen enough of either to make an informed decision)

Cheers.

CHARLIE Daniels has not given up hope of representing England but the Cherries star insists he is channelling all his energies into his club form.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14784312.AFC_Bournemouth__Daniels_still_harbours_England_hopes/

Garbo - 11/10/2016 21:16

...probably...but not sure Smith will be risked after being away with Australia?

Good point and this probably applies to Ake too since he's with the Dutch youth team.

Just based on what I've heard from Watford and Liverpool fans I'd go with Ake over Smith if we do drop Daniels.

Had lots of Liverpool fans say Smith is fast and a good crosser but questionable defensively whereas Watford fans rave about Ake.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 11/10/2016 21:23

billythekid - 11/10/2016 21:16

CHARLIE Daniels has not given up hope of representing England but the Cherries star insists he is channelling all his energies into his club form.

Much the same as me then.

Ken - if I were the England manager you'd make my starting XI. Where would you want to play....

onenilup - 11/10/2016 21:43

Ken - if I were the England manager you'd make my starting XI. Where would you want to play....

Left, right or centre? :grin:

Are you smoking something KBG has grown?

He's a self confessed womanising, drug taking, aging heart attack waiting to happen.

The undercover Telegraph boys would have a field day!

If Daniels is to be dropped (which I doubt will happen) then it won't be Brad Smith that replaces him this weekend:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/japan-coach-pays-inform-socceroo-brad-smith-the-ultimate-compliment/news-story/a4d0d2c8ad058621761c930b3bfa8316?

Hull at home is a game in which we'll likely have more time on the front foot than the back.

As such, I'd like to give Daniels a starting place against Hull, to show his attacking strengths and show some better form.

Spurs coming up is a game I'd far rather have the more solid Ake in there. That's the threat to Daniels. If Daniels continues to be poor this Saturday, then Ake is in for Spurs and the foreseeable.

northstandmark - 12/10/2016 10:14

Hull at home is a game in which we'll likely have more time on the front foot than the back.

As such, I'd like to give Daniels a starting place against Hull, to show his attacking strengths and show some better form.

Agree with this.

Hull at home (and probably away) is a 'must win' game, so all out attack with Charlie getting down that left wing as much as possible.

We also need to recover some of that goal difference as quick as possible.

Based on previous games, 'yes'

However, Daniels has had a fortnight to regroup while Brad has been playing and flying to Saudi, Australia and back.

Add to that the 'conservative Eddie' factor and it would probably be a shock if Brad Smith started against Hull.

4FCB - 12/10/2016 00:04

He's a self confessed womanising, drug taking, aging heart attack waiting to happen.

:hihi:

Did we bring in Ake as cover ? Give the kid a chance to show what he can do .

Excluding train wreak league cup games .

Ake should be left back, obviously unhappy at being on the bench so will take the opportunity with both hands

4FCB - 11/10/2016 18:04

KBG's alibi; it was planted :yikes:

;