Charlie Daniels

As it said in the piece on COWS after those injuries he now needs regular game time, probably couldn’t be guaranteed that at our club, but a league lower he probably will.

Good luck to him in his time with the Shrews.

Club legend; on to the wall with you Daniels. A bit disappointed tbh, maybe it was his decision to get back into playing rather than wait.

I’m really hoping that means:

LB: Rico, Zemura
RB: Stacey, Smith

And not...

LB: Smith, Rico
RB: Stacey, Smith
Reserves: Zemura

Real shame to see him go. Will always remember that 4-0 victory over Chelsea with Charlie scoring the last goal.

Mistake. Should have given him a short term deal. Not the player he once was for sure (who is at 34) but could still do a job at LWB at this level. Unless Tindall has a huge amount of faith in JZ I don’t understand this.

He can’t wait around here forever trying to prove he’s worth a contract - fair play to him going down aanother level to get games, hope he stays fit and does enough to warrant another contract at championship level, I don’t think that will be for us though. Good luck Chaz

Definitely the meds Billy :giggle:

I’m ok thanks - getting used to driving a wheelchair now.

How’s things with you?

Finished my year of treatment, going out for two or three mile walks when weather is dry either in the Forest, country lanes or by the sea.

So not bad thanks, keep your pecker up and let’s hope our team have a good season.

Fantastic player for us over the years, it shows it's still all about playing for him, good luck Charlie!

We really have to stop trying to cling on to the class of 2015.
We’ve just released him, haven’t we? What’s wrong with showing some appreciation for a player who really has become a club legend (in the true sense of the word) over the past 9 years?

Reactions: drd
Thanks for some wonderful memories Charlie and good luck at Shrewsbury.
Wow THAT goal v Man City, has there ever been a better strike of a ball at DC !

Reactions: drd
We really have to stop trying to cling on to the class of 2015.

agree, was reading comments before the one about his moving thinking there's a good chance he's not up to it anymore at this level, particular a promotion chasing side.

understandable, people are sentimental, but alot can happen for some players in his position, at his age, what with the recent injury. if he was any good he wouldn't have to move half way up the country to a league 1 side.

but what a player he was.

;