Charlie Daniels

An absolute Cherries legend! Thanks for the memories Chaz and best of luck for the future!

:agree: Charlie was also one of the first players to sign up to Juan Malta’s initiative to donate 1% of their salary to good causes. Chaz always came across as humble and hardworking. Hard to think of a better example of a good footballer in every sense of the phrase.

Last edited:
There will always be huge gratitude and affection for the class of 2015, I just find it strange the outpouring of grief as they depart.

I find it odd you don't mention your post from that year about EH having taking us as far as he could :throw:

:utc:

P.S. Still seems wrong we're at Watford tomorrow and I'm not going...

He's a class act in many ways. Sometimes it's not possible to recover from injury back to the level you were, I'm guessing that was evident and it was time to move on.
Wazza was always my favourite LB, for reasons that went beyond ability. Chaz, and his contribution to our historic 7 years through championship and the prem, may end up being the best LB this club ever had, not just up to now, but in the future too

Seemingly involved in everything on the highlights on Sky.

Both Rochdale goals came down “his” side, the first he didn’t stop the cross, the second he lost the header.

But Shrewsbury hit the bar from one of his corners, scored from another and had other chances from his deliveries.

There will always be huge gratitude and affection for the class of 2015, I just find it strange the outpouring of grief as they depart.
Al i was thinking about your comment then wondered what its like for a player like Chaz to have to pack his stuff and say goodbye must hurt a bit pal

Al i was thinking about your comment then wondered what its like for a player like Chaz to have to pack his stuff and say goodbye must hurt a bit pal

It probably does.
But it's part of a footballer's life.
Not many one club career men any more.

I expect Charlie's first gut wrench was leaving Spurs.

Worst part is with all the COVID stuff you can't have a proper sending off party/ceremony. Though seeing as Charlie was already training with the team, maybe there was at least some small in-house acknowledgement?

Worst part is with all the COVID stuff you can't have a proper sending off party/ceremony. Though seeing as Charlie was already training with the team, maybe there was at least some small in-house acknowledgement?
I am sure at some point all the old players will be back to celebrate what they did for the club.

Signed for them this morning, until the end of the season..

Not eligible to play today.

Good luck to him

Mark McAdam

@markmcadamtv

·
19m

Former Bournemouth defender Charlie Daniels is set to sign for Portsmouth ahead of today’s game with Hull. He will sign a short term deal that will keep him at Fratton Park until the end of the season. Daniels has not been registered in time to play in today’s game.

Let’s not forget what Andrew Surman said following his departure as well.

Tindall quick to distance himself from it all and we’ve also had that in regards to Jack Simpson as well.

Whoever is the one dealing with contracts needs to improve their people skills.
You would think that at the very least, any player leaving the club would be called into the manager's office for a farewell chat. "Thanks", "Good luck in your future career" and so on. I'm not surprised that the contract side of things was beyond JT's scope but you'd like to think that a manager would be able to officially thank and bid farewell to one of his own players, once a decision has been made.

Maybe that does happen and we're just not getting to hear about it. What we are hearing in the press does sound pretty cold-hearted though !

I must say I am slightly concerned by JT's now consistent demeanour when it comes to player comings and goings, contracts etc. It may not be within his personal remit as manager/head coach these days, but to act like its so far removed and to be so accepting of whatever is 'imposed from on high', it doesn't sit right. He should be working in tandem with the likes of Hughes and Blake and party to their decisions, not shrugging his shoulders and constantly distancing himself from them.

;