Charlie Daniels

Pugh? (asking because this is the Charlie Daniels thread)
If so, I do wonder what type of offer we could make.
I love Pugh.

'If' Pugh is dong enough in training, bearing in mind he didn't feature too much for an average QPR last year and then was released... I'd be tempted to offer him a low wage with play related bonuses... He would bolster the squad and offer some experience in the changing room.

My only doubt is in the formation we seem to be settling on, where does he fit in...?

Pugh and Daniels have been great players for us over the years. I feel they can still give a lot to AFCB. Just how to fit them in to the squad could be a problem. What is the permitted squad size in the Championship? Do younger players get counted as part of the squad?

'If' Pugh is dong enough in training, bearing in mind he didn't feature too much for an average QPR last year and then was released... I'd be tempted to offer him a low wage with play related bonuses... He would bolster the squad and offer some experience in the changing room.

My only doubt is in the formation we seem to be settling on, where does he fit in...?

Pugh would be an option to fill in at either left wing back in our back 5, or wide left in a front 3. Granted we have a few wide left options now since Riquelme, not that we know much about him yet.

Daniels would be perfect for left wing back, probably preferable there to Pugh, and might mean we aren't constantly unbalanced by having Smith there IMHO.

Pugh and Daniels have been great players for us over the years. I feel they can still give a lot to AFCB. Just how to fit them in to the squad could be a problem. What is the permitted squad size in the Championship? Do younger players get counted as part of the squad?
Works much the same as it did in the PL I believe. Under 21 eligable players such as Travers and Ofoborh aren't counted towards the 25 man squad. We haven't had our squad list made public yet, but we should have room in our 25 to add one or both if JT wished it.

This is the other issue... Would we want Pugh, and Daniels taking spots in the squad of young upcoming players that up until now we've seen in match day squads...?

Ok this sounds weird, but whenever I see Charlie Daniels name, I automatically think of Charlie Drake.

I can just see him belting down the touchline shouting “Hello my darlings” whilst avoiding the heavy, hairy arsed slugger that’s trying to take his legs away.

Alright, alright, I said it was weird.
Move along, nothing to see here.

:rolleyes:

Try this;sinn
Ok this sounds weird, but whenever I see Charlie Daniels name, I automatically think of Charlie Drake.

I can just see him belting down the touchline shouting “Hello my darlings” whilst avoiding the heavy, hairy arsed slugger that’s trying to take his legs away.

Alright, alright, I said it was weird.
Move along, nothing to see here.

:rolleyes:

Try this ;sinderrella Jim Davidson- Charlie Drake -P!ssed.

On squad sizes, under-21 players on loan from other clubs do count towards the 25 player squad. So if Arsenal were to loan Sabila to, say, Watford in January, he would have to be included in Watford’s 25.

Last edited:

To be fair to Marc, it took him a while to fully break into the starting 11 at QPR, but managed it and kept his place, playing well until we went into lockdown. If it wasn't for coronavirus, he'd still be there. He missed out on a second season by 15 minutes, so if the country lockdown a week later, QPR would have had to honor his contract for another season.

Thats an odd one, thought he would have got a year. Given we're playing a RB at LB, we can't exactly have a lot of cover there. Personally would have preferred Charlie over marc

Thats an odd one, thought he would have got a year. Given we're playing a RB at LB, we can't exactly have a lot of cover there. Personally would have preferred Charlie over marc
Thinking about it, if Pugh is committed to moving up north after this season, he would be a prime candidate for a one season contract. Possibly Charlie was looking for a final multi-year deal and we were unable to offer him one, which from the club's point of view is understandable. So maybe it was the duration of the contract which they couldn't reach agreement on ?

From what I've read it's a short-term deal so that he can get minutes under his belt... Whether that means we'll be monitoring progress who knows, but I am not sure we've seen the end of Daniels just yet...

What a great signing that is for Shrewsbury. Gutted to see him go, surprised that he hasn’t managed to secure a championship club.

I'm pretty surprised at this and can only assume they've decided that Zemura has got what it takes and is ready to make an impact at Championship level.

Stacey, Rico and Smith and possibly Kelly as the only fullback options in the squad is too light.

Meanwhile, good luck to Charlie. It's been quite a ride! He should be pretty ridiculous in L1 as long as he's fully over his injury.

;