Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth League Cup Quarter Final

Just back, my tuppence worth...

Really proud of the effort and how we coped with the pressure, although first 10 mins was horrible, kept giving it straight back to them!

Boruc very good but some terrible distribution mixed in there. Ibe was decent but still some poor decision making. Simpson was excellent, as was Brooks. I still can't work Rico out but definitely improved and looks like a run of games might see him really kick on.

They had the luxury of bringing on Hazard and Pedro to turn the screw and it just about worked. Unlucky with the scramble at the end. Onwards to the Brighton game!

Heard the first half on the radio, second half saw online. We clearly took some time to settle with the team we lined up with. But as the game wore on, confidence crept back and second half, we looked more likely to score than Chelsea did.
The winning goal sums us up at the minute, clear foul ignored, then a deflected shot that didn't even look to be on target hits Charlie and in it goes. Obviously because its a smaller team, nobody else will care about the foul being missed.
Brooks was awesome and impressed the home fans more than Callum did! Simpson looked very assured, especially being the central Marshall of the three man defence. After some poor games at left back, Charlie didn't do anything wrong at the back either. Very impressed with Ibe, pleasantly surprised Druss gave him credit! But he looked very good in that position and kept it simple.
The only player I was disappointed with was Stan really, when you know what he can do, he was far below that.
I'd be quite happy with Ake stepping into central midfield and Simpson coming in with Cook for Saturday.
As for Boruc vs Bego - fine lines. Both have pluses and minuses. Bego has been great for most of the season so far but Boruc was good enough to put some proper pressure on him.

It was an amazing atmosphere created by vocal Bmouth fans last night, the team were so unlucky not to get into penalty shoot out. Boruc, the big pole in the goal was excellent as was Brooks, what a signing, but not disappointed with any, Ibe had a great match as did Ake in midfield and Simpson was calm at the back as it felt like the team’s determination to win ball had returned. Great match to watch, pity we couldn’t have put one of those superb team moves into the net.
At end Brooks and Ibe generously passed shirts to young fans. Deserved more, we were let down by officials.(again). Such a great team to watch & support when they’re on their game! Well done for that effort!

Heard the first half on the radio, second half saw online. We clearly took some time to settle with the team we lined up with. But as the game wore on, confidence crept back and second half, we looked more likely to score than Chelsea did.
The winning goal sums us up at the minute, clear foul ignored, then a deflected shot that didn't even look to be on target hits Charlie and in it goes. Obviously because its a smaller team, nobody else will care about the foul being missed.
Brooks was awesome and impressed the home fans more than Callum did! Simpson looked very assured, especially being the central Marshall of the three man defence. After some poor games at left back, Charlie didn't do anything wrong at the back either. Very impressed with Ibe, pleasantly surprised Druss gave him credit! But he looked very good in that position and kept it simple.
The only player I was disappointed with was Stan really, when you know what he can do, he was far below that.
I'd be quite happy with Ake stepping into central midfield and Simpson coming in with Cook for Saturday.
As for Boruc vs Bego - fine lines. Both have pluses and minuses. Bego has been great for most of the season so far but Boruc was good enough to put some proper pressure on him.

Boruc vs Bego
I think it depends who we are playing Begovic is much better in the air, but Boruc is better on the ground.

;