Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth

Gosling won the ball then kept on giving it away.Those stats for Cook can't be right as two mins from end he tried to pass out to Fraser on the left who would of been in,but it got intercepted.So Goslings are probably wrong

Last edited:
I know we get an amplified perspective but I thought the support was magnificent today. Mr Red Army guy probably won’t be able to speak for a week.
Small group in front of me had some chants they were trying to get going. One about rico going down the wing, another about Mark Moselys last minute goal in 2009(!) and most bizarrely, one based around a Supertramp track off 'Crime of The Century'!

I know we get an amplified perspective but I thought the support was magnificent today. Mr Red Army guy probably won’t be able to speak for a week.

I disagree.

It never really got going and I felt we were going through the motions - when we could be arsed.

Small group in front of me had some chants they were trying to get going. One about rico going down the wing, another about Mark Moselys last minute goal in 2009(!) and most bizarrely, one based around a Supertramp track off 'Crime of The Century'!

Yes! I thought that was weird too!

They didn't give us a chance to play any other way.

Say what you like about the ref; we were beaten by a better team over 90 minutes.

But what was encouraging was that they were marginally better. Last year we caught them at the ideal time (no recognised striker, managerial troubles), today they were strong. And we weren’t outclassed one bit.

But what was encouraging was that they were marginally better. Last year we caught them at the ideal time (no recognised striker, managerial troubles), today they were strong. And we weren’t outclassed one bit.
We battled well, but we WERE outclassed. They were the better team, but 2-0 was a little harsh

The quality of their movement and passing was very high. At times they were much better than us. We defended and covered superbly. hazard is mostly unstoppable. Giroud is horrible. Can't stand him.

Hazard - some player and on top of his game.What would they do without him?

They were sublime at times but they have a slightly dodgy defence.

We looked 'resolute' ...so agree with the beeb on that.

Didn't show possible pen with foul on Fraser. The one they did show was surely a penalty as Giroud clearly shoved.

What was the issue with Morata and King?

Chelsea have four truly world class players in Kante,Hazard,Willian and Alonso.....so no disgrace in losing.....we didn’t look too bad on the MOTD highlights......not sure how Ake missed!

Change a couple of aspects of the match in Bournemouth's favour and the result could have been reversed - (Callum's, Nathan's misses, blatant pushes on Smith and Rico not given by officials etc)

Thought Chelsea played very well. We started really positively on the front foot and they completely turned that around. Obviously Alonso should 100% have seen a second yellow, so who know what could have happened, but a Chelsea win was fair on the balance of play, even though we had a few decent chances

I was disappointed with how we played at 1-0. I expected us to go for it and it seemed like we didn't give a whole lot.

Lerma and Rico both need time to integrate. Rico in particular was having a torrid time in the first half. He's got a good delivery on him though. I though Gosling was probably our best player today, but his legs were gone 30 mins from the end.

"Alonso ??????" He should have been out on a second yellow!!!

We grinded for 70 minutes and as others have said we were close to taking a lead. Their first goal was on a deflection. Lots of good things to take from a loss to an undefeated and strong Chelsea.

What I hope I am seeing is the development of a Cherries squad which will avoid the really "stinker" games that we saw last year, i.e. West Brom and Watford in August, Huddersfield away and of course Southampton away. We will always be in tough against the top six, and will probably produce a few surprises. But, there is no reason right now that we cannot take the "other 13" to task.

To be honest Chelsea deserved the win and thoroughly outplayed us. We didn't take our 2 fairly easy opportunities when we got them, Wilson frustrates me he misses too many easy chances. Altogether we defended well and unlucky with the deflection 1st goal and a moment of world class magic from Hazard. We need to keep the ball better though against the big teams because we were chasing shadows against a very quick team. Lerma and Rico were solid enough on their debut. Some really good crosses from Rico and crunching tackles from Lerma.

We have pace in attack but didn't show that quality today on the rare occasion we got a counter attack, cautiousness led to us slowing down and giving the ball away far too much. Overall happy with the way we defended but must do more when we get the rare chances in attack against the big 6 because you will get punished. Wasn't expecting anything today so at least we didn't get thrashed. Chelsea are a very different team to last season and are now dominating possession in every game and playing quick exciting football.

We now have a chance to pickup more points and get on a good run and cement top half as we don't play another big 6 team until November.

Agree
To be honest Chelsea deserved the win and thoroughly outplayed us. We didn't take our 2 fairly easy opportunities when we got them, Wilson frustrates me he misses too many easy chances. Altogether we defended well and unlucky with the deflection 1st goal and a moment of world class magic from Hazard. We need to keep the ball better though against the big teams because we were chasing shadows against a very quick team. Lerma and Rico were solid enough on their debut. Some really good crosses from Rico and crunching tackles from Lerma.

We have pace in attack but didn't show that quality today on the rare occasion we got a counter attack, cautiousness led to us slowing down and giving the ball away far too much. Overall happy with the way we defended but must do more when we get the rare chances in attack against the big 6 because you will get punished. Wasn't expecting anything today so at least we didn't get thrashed. Chelsea are a very different team to last season and are now dominating possession in every game and playing quick exciting football.

We now have a chance to pickup more points and get on a good run and cement top half as we don't play another big 6 team until November.

Agree with all of that . Thought Chelsea were excellent we weren’t hammered and on another day we could have scraped something ... Early days but don’t think we’ll have a harder match than yesterday’s and the players all acquitted themselves well .

Agree

Agree with all of that . Thought Chelsea were excellent we weren’t hammered and on another day we could have scraped something ... Early days but don’t think we’ll have a harder match than yesterday’s and the players all acquitted themselves well .
...think maybe Man City Liverpool and Spurs will be just as hard probably....but the rest I think we should be able to do well against?

Did anyone see the stewards manhandle two lads out of their seats,about twenty mins into the second half.They just turned up and threw them out.The lad was asking what he was being thrown out for,but no reply,well over the top.It was in the lower stand

;