Cherries Sour Vicarage with Stinging Record Breaking Performance:

About the only thing your team did wrong all day!

Can only speak from my personal view but thought overall you really did take advantage of our lack of discipline.

Actually did think for the first 20 minutes or so we had the better of it without creating too many clear cut chances.

Then of course you scored and we caused our own problems by getting the man sent off.

Even at 2-0 we might have had a sniff but the 3rd killed us - good cross and header but ropey defending on our part - same to an extent for the 4th albeit well taken by Wilson.

2nd half was a non-event.

You guys certainly were the ones signing in the rain!

Cannot really complain about the Kabasele red card - not sure Mr Deeney has helped our cause though by admitted we plan to foul players in games!

I think the missed headed chance that would have made it 1-1 was huge. I didn't rate our chances of keeping a clean sheet at that point with the way the game was going and thought another score draw would probably be the result. Once we went three up though it looked as if we'd avenge the 6-1, which was a pretty harsh scoreline tbf.

We've done well to win 50/50 games this season - this was a 50/50 game until the sending off but we deserved it in the end. Tbf to Watford you played us off the park last season at DC and we were quite fortunate to get a point at VR. Normal a good battle with contrasting styles.

I think the missed headed chance that would have made it 1-1 was huge. I didn't rate our chances of keeping a clean sheet at that point with the way the game was going and thought another score draw would probably be the result. Once we went three up though it looked as if we'd avenge the 6-1, which was a pretty harsh scoreline tbf.

We've done well to win 50/50 games this season - this was a 50/50 game until the sending off but we deserved it in the end. Tbf to Watford you played us off the park last season at DC and we were quite fortunate to get a point at VR. Normal a good battle with contrasting styles.
True - that was a bad day at DC last season!
We had a bit of luck Saturday with the headed chance but otherwise played so well .
First win in 21 years at the Vicarage !

Interesting to note that Watford have committed more fouls than any other premiership sides this season ,we are 16th in that table.

I've had another read on the Watford Chat tonight. Strange how some people judge and categorise others. Some Jerk trying to say that anyone who reads the Daily Mail is Retired, White, Racist and Middle Class.... I read it on Monday normally, The Daily Mirror on Tuesday, The Western Morning News on Wednesday, The Express on Thursday, The Daily Worker on Friday, Viz Comic on Saturday and might have a peep at the Guardian occasionally. The Sun...Never! Sometimes I change the sequence. So what am I?( apart from being bonkers).

I've had another read on the Watford Chat tonight. Strange how some people judge and categorise others. Some Jerk trying to say that anyone who reads the Daily Mail is Retired, White, Racist and Middle Class.... I read it on Monday normally, The Daily Mirror on Tuesday, The Western Morning News on Wednesday, The Express on Thursday, The Daily Worker on Friday, Viz Comic on Saturday and might have peep at the Guardian occasionally. The Sun...Never! Sometimes I change the sequence. So what am I?( apart from being bonkers).
Well read

I've had another read on the Watford Chat tonight. Strange how some people judge and categorise others. Some Jerk trying to say that anyone who reads the Daily Mail is Retired, White, Racist and Middle Class.... I read it on Monday normally, The Daily Mirror on Tuesday, The Western Morning News on Wednesday, The Express on Thursday, The Daily Worker on Friday, Viz Comic on Saturday and might have a peep at the Guardian occasionally. The Sun...Never! Sometimes I change the sequence. So what am I?( apart from being bonkers).

schizophrenic?

Although reading Viz is a big plus in my books!!

Keep it up Bill !!

Dirty Watford?
Watford defender Christian Kabasele managed to pick up two yellow cards and give away a penalty on Saturday - not bad for 32 minutes' work.
And that half-hour adds to a growing sample of evidence which suggests the Hornets have a nasty streak.
Kabasele's red card at Vicarage Road made him the 13th Watford player to receive his marching orders since the start of the 2015-16 season - no other side can match that tally.
And his foul on Joshua King to give away a 32nd-minute penalty, which the Norwegian slotted home, was the 19th spot-kick conceded by Watford since August 2015 - only West Ham have conceded more (22).
To polish it off, the Hertfordshire side have made an incredible 1,515 fouls in the 122 matches since they were promoted into the top flight - no team comes close to matching that tally.

Blimey, that's an average of 12 each match - surely not, even for them?

Oh hang on that's fouls not yellows:ooops:

Dandy, Beano, Shoot, Eagle, NME and of course The Football Pink.

Watched the game again last night.
The ground he covered to get his shot in on the first goal was impressive. (Pretty good save by the keeper by the way) Absolutely flying,think he is back to full fitness!

I couldn't believe how fast he covered a huge amount of ground, quite incredible

A lot of fans have respect for Deeney and is honesty is refreshing for the most part - his captains notes are always an interesting read .

Deeney has spoken and written in the past about the respect for afcb and trying to heal some of the nastiness online between both sets of fans.

I echo a lot of other posters in saying that all the Watford fans I know up in London where I work are genuine football fans and are positive about afcb apart from the drooling media coverage that has in anyway reduced significantly now plus I think Watford are getting their fair share now.

Now they maybe only polite to my face but outside the ground things have been ok and chatted with a few home fans ok. The hatred online and the way it is leading to absurd comments is shocking though and a major factor pushing afcb fans into disliking the club whereas I think it’s good both clubs are challenging the so called big 6.

What’s your take on this Mark as a Watford fan?

I don't think Watford are challenging the so called big 6.
Their football is awful, more in the brand of Burnley, Cardiff, WBA, Stoke to name a few.

Well its easy to talk big and act with bravado behind a screen.

For a while they seemed to dislike Leicester a lot after our play-off games in 2013 and Palace - that is more to with the Zaha affect and the fact they generally beat us!

As you say most of our fans will be fair minded and pleasant face to face I hope - we're hardly Leeds or Millwall!

Probably having a lack of real rivals doesn't help and well we cannot really pretend to hate Arsenal/Spurs or any of the other big teams in London as they will just look down on us and laugh!

Funny what one season of a promotion race can do though for relations or even one match.

I wonder if other supporters have the same issues? It seems Brighton aren't too keen on you guys for example.

I guess the good thing is this online war is just that and hasn't turned into anything violent at the games as it could with some clubs.

I don't think Watford are challenging the so called big 6.
Their football is awful, more in the brand of Burnley, Cardiff, WBA, Stoke to name a few.

I'd take mid-table tbh!

We do need more to our attacking bow than relying on Deeney and in midfield we do have some talented players although that wasn't shown on Saturday of course!

Our record with set plays is mixed really - sometimes look good at them but other times awful and again defensively its patchy.

;