New Kings Park Stadium

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-40601452

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/update-on-new-stadium
Must be a few qualified accountants on here - here's a question : If you were the FD at AFCB, how would you plan to finance the building of a new stadium ? Seems to be a suggestion that it would have to be paid off within a few years. Surely not ? What are the likely options ?
Ask Spurs supporters, Ticket prices WILL increase to help pay for the stadium.
Then everyone will moan about that and say they will not bother going to matches at those prices as they can see them for free on the internet.
The sun comes up and the sun goes down, thats life.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-40601452

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/update-on-new-stadium

Ask Spurs supporters, Ticket prices WILL increase to help pay for the stadium.
Then everyone will moan about that and say they will not bother going to matches at those prices as they can see them for free on the internet.
The sun comes up and the sun goes down, thats life.
Totally different situation, I think Spurs are paying something like £900m for their stadium ours would be more like £60m! I don't see spurs offering £400m for a single player, that puts our potential stadium build into perspective. I don't think ticket prices would have to go up at all.

Totally different situation, I think Spurs are paying something like £900m for their stadium ours would be more like £60m! I don't see spurs offering £400m for a single player, that puts our potential stadium build into perspective. I don't think ticket prices would have to go up at all.

I’m not sure whether they “would have to” has anything to do with it? I’m sure some areas of the ground will clearly see price increases in a new stadium.

Judging by the fact that Huddersfield’s stadium cost an estimated £40m to build nearly 25 years ago, you’d probably be looking nearer £100m for a new stadium in Kings Park now.

Judging by the fact that Huddersfield’s stadium cost an estimated £40m to build nearly 25 years ago, you’d probably be looking nearer £100m for a new stadium in Kings Park now.
Aberdeens 20,000 stadium is costing £50m, depends how elaborate you want to make it, take a look at wikipedia New Aberdeen Stadium.

Exeter revamp £3.5 million including a new stand and they have purchased a stand for the away end from Barnet.

Yet we pay £7 million to bring the ground up to PL standards !!.....we're being seen off by everyone I reckon ;)

Why do I still feel as fans we have more in common with Exeter ...old habits I guess.

Christ alive, 40 million?
In 1994?

Were 7 Developments involved?

Back then you could buy the town of Huddersfield for 40 million.

If you don't want to listen to Al Gard( the guy is a ' character..'.We need the likes of him ! Or We are F##ked!...) Try this!!
IF....if you think...THINK!....that anything that is or becomes the Norm at Afcb is in any way predictable ...then you are betraying your loyalty to your own grey matter!
Lay on your back...in a high wind..at Hengistbury Head and P#ss into the Sky ..see if when it drops it carries down any Info from God or those in charge of Afcb about Stadia ! Nothing from any Sage or Sages Sidekick on this Forum has given us Joe F#cks any news at all!

It fits in because a player is a resource required to keep the club in the top flight, which yields £130m per year. We make about £5.5m per year from the ground and stand to make, what £4m extra if we expand the ground. Finish two places higher, which is more likely if you invest in players, and you've made that cash with a lot less hassle.

Then of course you've got the value of the asset. We can't sell the ground to Swindon if we get relegated.

FFS I understand why fans want a new ground - I want a new ground! We aren't paying for it though are we? These decisions have to be made in the real world with real money - not in the 'everyone agrees on the internet to spend other people's money' world.

Maybe I'm too risk adverse to be a business owner but for me, we gamble £130M in the hope to get £130M next season. The assets you buy for >£20M might be worthless in a years time and every asset comes with a long term financial burden in the form of wages.

Should one or two of those gambles go wrong and you get relegated, you lose your £130M and all your assets need to be sold because holding them costs 10 times your new lower earnings and potential suitors will offer suitably low bids for them.

For me gambling £100M for a couple of years, keep back about £100M to build infrastructure that will build a fan base, attract better players and sponsors and training facilities to develop home grown talent just makes sense.

Pissing away every penny on staying in the Premier League vs holding back some cash to be a self sustaining Championship team is a bit of a no brainer to me...

I’m guessing here that the Huddersfield projects costs were inflated by the leisure centre and cinema which share the same site. I recall an article about it at the time of build as McAlpine were the developers and I had a close relative who worked for them.

The stadium also sits right next to a hillside which would have needed to have some kind of pinning / groundwork to it, to stop it collapsing onto one side of the ground, so additional costs involved there perhaps?

Even so, if not £100m for a new ground, I wouldn’t imagine there’d be much change out of three Jefferson Lerma’s worth.

Maybe I'm too risk adverse to be a business owner but for me, we gamble £130M in the hope to get £130M next season. The assets you buy for >£20M might be worthless in a years time and every asset comes with a long term financial burden in the form of wages.

Should one or two of those gambles go wrong and you get relegated, you lose your £130M and all your assets need to be sold because holding them costs 10 times your new lower earnings and potential suitors will offer suitably low bids for them.

For me gambling £100M for a couple of years, keep back about £100M to build infrastructure that will build a fan base, attract better players and sponsors and training facilities to develop home grown talent just makes sense.

Pissing away every penny on staying in the Premier League vs holding back some cash to be a self sustaining Championship team is a bit of a no brainer to me...

:agree:
Superb post Kudos.

Exeter revamp £3.5 million including a new stand and they have purchased a stand for the away end from Barnet.

Yet we pay £7 million to bring the ground up to PL standards !!.....we're being seen off by everyone I reckon ;)

Why do I still feel as fans we have more in common with Exeter ...old habits I guess.
Great awayday :wave:

;