Cherries Trust Statement

Playing Devils Advocate here....Eddie and Jason may get tempted away no matter what AFCB do?...even if we had a bigger stadium?...AFCB must plan for the immediate and that is a continuation of top flight football...the investment in the team, as we have seen will only spiral upwards and cost the club more....the training facilities will play an important part of saving us some money if we can ‘grow our own’.....maybe then the club will have a stronger foundation to move forward with....I do feel that our landlords will be stubbornly holding tight gambling that we will stay in The PL and keeping the club at ransom!...I would love a shiny new stadium with a capacity of 20k at least, but in today’s fragile economic climate are the risks just too high?

None of this excuses the club and its poor communication and lack of understanding how fans feel or what increasing our fan base could do to cement us as a bigger club.

It's time for the trust to take the bull by the horns and push the club for more seats,be that redeveloping the South Stand as per the original plans,or a larger temp stand.

The way transfer fees are going, maybe the club are thinking give it a year or two and we can flog Defoe or another peripheral player and pay for a new stadium in cash

The way transfer fees are going, maybe the club are thinking give it a year or two and we can flog Defoe or another peripheral player and pay for a new stadium in cash

Well it would be good to recoup JD's earnings, that's for sure, but as for flogging him, I doubt any club will pay money for him at his age.

JD has a future career in media and looks quite comfortable in front of the cameras.

As I said earlier in this thread, we need to bring some higher quality business professionals in to run the club now, and match the achievements of Eddie, Jason and the whole team.

To have to release a statement two years after the event of their first one, to say that they were "overly optimistic" is just embarrassing all round.

Well it would be good to recoup JD's earnings, that's for sure, but as for flogging him, I doubt any club will pay money for him at his age.

JD has a future career in media and looks quite comfortable in front of the cameras.

As I said earlier in this thread, we need to bring some higher quality business professionals in to run the club now, and match the achievements of Eddie, Jason and the whole team.

To have to release a statement two years after the event of their first one, to say that they were "overly optimistic" is just embarrassing all round.
This

I fully appreciate the comments from 4FCB. However, I guess that Neill Blake has an amazing contract, granted by, I believe, his father in law, Eddie Mitchell. This would make it very expensive to relieve him of his position. Similarly, Liz Finney is involved deeply in virtually every facet of the club, and has an encyclopaedic knowledge of its operations, as she should in her position as general manager, and that knowledge would be very difficult to replace.
However, the other side of the coin is that the club’s income, and complexity, requires, or even demands, professional management. It is therefore in the owner’s interest to decide which way to go at this time. It is his and his co- shareholders’ money, and only he/they can decide the best policy for the future of the club and themselves personally.
But, deep down, we already know that, and whatever is decided we are all grateful that we are still here to watch Premier League football at DC, with Eddie and Jason at the helm. The impossible dream came true.

I fully appreciate the comments from 4FCB. However, I guess that Neill Blake has an amazing contract, granted by, I believe, his father in law, Eddie Mitchell. This would make it very expensive to relieve him of his position. Similarly, Liz Finney is involved deeply in virtually every facet of the club, and has an encyclopaedic knowledge of its operations, as she should in her position as general manager, and that knowledge would be very difficult to replace.
However, the other side of the coin is that the club’s income, and complexity, requires, or even demands, professional management. It is therefore in the owner’s interest to decide which way to go at this time. It is his and his co- shareholders’ money, and only he/they can decide the best policy for the future of the club and themselves personally.
But, deep down, we already know that, and whatever is decided we are all grateful that we are still here to watch Premier League football at DC, with Eddie and Jason at the helm. The impossible dream came true.
You are someone I respect Paul and this sounds like the current scenario to a tee. The one thing that The PL has shown is that all that glitters is not gold, the very souls of football club's have been sold from the first kick of the ball.

Neither of those two names are irreplaceable, but unfortunately it seems they are and also the reason we won’t move forward.

Wasn’t it Neil Blake that said his job was on the line if the stadium wasn’t built?

The PL has shown that all that glitters is not gold, the very souls of football club's have been sold from the first kick of the ball.
Am struggling through Goldblatt's book "The Game of Our Lives". Without the context that you all have, it is a bit of a tough read, but the biggest takeaway that I get is that I should just enjoy the games and try not to think about (or perhaps even know about!) the business/politics.

Am struggling through Goldblatt's book "The Game of Our Lives". Without the context that you all have, it is a bit of a tough read, but the biggest takeaway that I get is that I should just enjoy the games and try not to think about (or perhaps even know about!) the business/politics.
...in a Utopian world it would be...nowadays with media and the intensity of competition etc...etc...I am beginning to think that it the other way around!

However, I guess that Neill Blake has an amazing contract, granted by, I believe, his father law, Eddie Mitchell

Neil Blake will no doubt be on an amazing contract now. This will be far above what he would have been earning in the Mitchell era.

I'm not going to debate whether he deserves his current salary, however it is the current regime who decided to keep Blake on and approve whatever his current salary is. That is nothing to do with Eddie Mitchell

Neil Blake will no doubt be on an amazing contract now. This will be far above what he would have been earning in the Mitchell era.

I'm not going to debate whether he deserves his current salary, however it is the current regime who decided to keep Blake on and approve whatever his current salary is. That is nothing to do with Eddie Mitchell
Precisely.

;