Chris Hughton

Well we’ve been pretty poor mostly over the last 23 - but still managed to dick them 0-5 so no surprise he’s gone. Hated on NSC.

Surely it’s a job for sparky Hughes?

He's won 2 promotions from the championship so won't be without a job for long.
They need to seriously invest to stay up next year, Murrays not getting any younger, hard to see where else the goals come from

Eddie in from 40/1 to 8/1..................................:rofl::rofl:
( if you don't know how to lay a bet.....learn )

I think they've made the right decision, perhaps not for Tony Bloom, but certainly for the fans. I wouldn't want to watch that shite every week, it was no different to Pulis teams.

Think Hughton comes across as a very decent man....and a solid manager. Sadly for him, Brighton have been a pretty dull side to watch, even though I think they do have a handful of potentially decent attacking players. Who he left on the bench. So I do know many Hove fans didn't like the style at all.

However, Bloom obviously thinks the stadium and infrastructure means they should be a top seven PL club, when traditionally they have never been a proper big club. I am pretty sure they are not far away from where they should be really, bit like us.

I don't worry for next season with them to be honest, it will need an exceptional manager and half a new squad for them to overtake the likes of us.

I know we need him more than he needs us but it must be nice for Eddie knowing the fans aren’t going to be baying for his blood when the going gets tough ... Brighton fans = ungrateful c*nts

I don’t think Bloom expects them to be top seven, at least in the near/medium term. He is too astute for that. He will have been influenced by three things IMHO:

1. The obvious failure of Brighton’s attempt to find bargain basement players in smaller European leagues, a policy that Hughton must have supported even if it wasn’t at his instigation
2. Some kind of analysis by Dan Ashworth, the new Director of Football, about what they need to do to kick on
3. The misery of sitting through so many dire defensive performances - he goes to most games and after all is a fan himself. He cannot have appreciated being dicked at home by us and then going on to lose to Cardiff in the same week.

It amuses me to to think that, quite possibly, Bloom probably wants Hove to copy our recruitment strategy and playing style. It will be interesting to see what route they try to take.

Brighton's recruitment has been really weird this season though. They've spent several years cultivating this reputation/model of cheap European targets, knowing some will work and some won't. Plenty of logic in that and they found a couple of good ones like Gross and Popper.

Then last summer they did the worst of both worlds and went for unkown imports but paid big prices for them, and they've pretty much all flopped. Bernardo from Germany, Andone from Spain, Jahanbakhsh from Holland, Bissouma from France are more totaling 50-60m.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brighton-amp-hove-albion/transfers/verein/1237

Yet (a bit like us you could say) the players that still did the job week in week out of keeping them up, were the tried and trusty players from recent years.

Perhaps these gambles last summer failing to work out, were what tipped Hughton into being increasingly defensive and cautious as this season went on.

Last edited:
Forest starting to look like a crisis-ridden club in the Sunderland mode. Pity - big support, decent stadium, great history. Fans must be furious/bewildered. Serious option for Eddie?

Might be a job for Eddie. JT could offer him to carshare as he makes his way to Sheffield.
JT isn't still at Sheffield is he...?

Be interesting as Eddie stated he wanted a PL side, but nothing in the offing yet.. Is he waiting for Arsenal to come calling... Personally I think he'd last 6 months at Arsenal.

I thought Bristol City was absolutely perfect for him... Big City and footballing hotbed, good facilities and an ownership that are desperate for success... Forest is a long way from Sandbanks

JT isn't still at Sheffield is he...?

Be interesting as Eddie stated he wanted a PL side, but nothing in the offing yet.. Is he waiting for Arsenal to come calling... Personally I think he'd last 6 months at Arsenal.

I thought Bristol City was absolutely perfect for him... Big City and footballing hotbed, good facilities and an ownership that are desperate for success... Forest is a long way from Sandbanks

As you say JT not at Sheffield and there is no way they would be sharing the same car anymore ! or Football Club

;