Chris Mepham

Mepham is a class act.. enough fuss was made on this Forum about getting him from Brentford....an International. ...one of the best defenders ever to grace the DC turf.

If you're reading this Meps.....set to it and make good !

Clearly Mepham was not to blame for the defeat yesterday, nor the Preston defeat as it’s hardly his fault that he was played in a totally unnatural position. Unlike the other posters here I am not going to label you a troll, but try to respond with a point. I believe Mepham will struggle badly playing centre half in our current set up due to the high line we play and his lack of pace. Playing for a side that defends with a deeper defensive line I believe he could be an asset, as he has proven with his contributions as a substitute this season when we have defended deeper. Can he be an effective starting defender for us in our current set up? Not so sure. Does this make him an inherently bad player, not at all.

On a serious note, mepham has been asked to play right back, left back and left centre back. Don't recall he's actually played his natural position
Left centre back is his best position. But yes I agree that he shouldn’t be judged for his performances at full back.

Meps made one bad pass yesterday that nearly allowed Derby to break but it didn't happen. I can't recall Meps doing much else wrong... He made some good passes and won the aerial duals. He wasn't to blame for any of their goals. Stacey on the other hand was poor.

It's clearly been a desperately difficult start to the season for bedwetters, they've had to wait for months before spewing their negativity and even then have had to rewrite history to invent bad performances in games we won, or mistakes from players who didn't do anything wrong. Must be an almighty relief to finally be able to declare how terrible we are.

;