Chris Mepham

It’s always been the same over the years at Dean Court.

Some of our fans decide to get on a certain players back and make him a target for whatever reason.

The Big Man was one of those after his move from Hartlepool, he stuck at it and gradually over the years became a fans favourite and in his case an AFCB legend as he really means it when he kisses the badge.

So now Meps is good? I presume those posters that wanted Kelly dropped half of last season will go back to moaning at him.

What with Solanke not being rubbish now, I'm not even sure who's back I'm supposed to be getting on anymore.

Is it Phil Bill?

Couldn't work out who abandoned Kouyate at the corner so not sure if that is on him, but I thought he was excellent again today.

We've seen other players look very average when they are in and out of a side and then blossom when they get actual runs of starts together. Could this be a breakthrough for him? What do we do about his contract now?

I know he's a favourite player to blame on here, but I've been very impressed with him these last two matches. Keep playing as he is and we'll surely offer him a new one. Let's hope he wants to sign it.

Couldn't work out who abandoned Kouyate at the corner so not sure if that is on him, but I thought he was excellent again today.

We've seen other players look very average when they are in and out of a side and then blossom when they get actual runs of starts together. Could this be a breakthrough for him? What do we do about his contract now?

I know he's a favourite player to blame on here, but I've been very impressed with him these last two matches. Keep playing as he is and we'll surely offer him a new one. Let's hope he wants to sign it.

I think that was also on Neto for being in no man's land.

Not sure anybody abandoned him. We zonally mark at corners, that’s the issue I think. Clearly doesn’t really work

Mepham to be fair to him when played in the centre of a back three looks pretty assured. When he’s allowed to concentrate on what he’s built for, blocking and heading, then he looks capable.

When he’s played in the right side of a back three or in the centre of the four and has to defend the channel is when he starts to look vulnerable. He can’t really cope when he’s dragged out into wider areas. Keep him in the centre where he looks solid.

Mepham to be fair to him when played in the centre of a back three looks pretty assured. When he’s allowed to concentrate on what he’s built for, blocking and heading, then he looks capable.

When he’s played in the right side of a back three or in the centre of the four and has to defend the channel is when he starts to look vulnerable. He can’t really cope when he’s dragged out into wider areas. Keep him in the centre where he looks solid.
Guessing your not pished anymore

Pleased for him.

Seems a nice guy away from football but feisty on the pitch - a good combination. Gives us a bit more fight in a relegation battle

;