Christmas food, non

What is your Christmas food supply like?

• All I currently have is a pint of milk as I was going to be away, Lidle here I come

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No worries here, plans unchanged and I'm feeling safe and smug about Christmas at home

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • The house is rammed with edibles. I wish Mr Creosote was in my bubble. I'll be throwing stuff away

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
A little social survey.
In light of Christmas pretty much being cancelled and most us now having to change our plans, where do we all stand on preparedness and over/ preparedness when it comes to what's in the larder?

This was my first thought, but luckily we decided to ignore relaxation of rules and plan just Christmas for the 3 or us, and series of zoom calls.

What's needed is a Christmas dinner swap-shop. Where people who were catering for more, they supply their neighbours and the people who were travelling to them take in a dinner from others. I think there might actually be such a food sharing ap.

I try & completely ignore christmas, its just something that comes along once a year to irritate me, and muck up my normal easy life. My other half absolutely loves it tho, and normally goes up north to her family for a week. Its now looking like that has been cancelled, so neither of us wil be happy - will be an "interesting" week!

:utc:

I try & completely ignore christmas, its just something that comes along once a year to irritate me, and muck up my normal easy life. My other half absolutely loves it tho, and normally goes up north to her family for a week. Its now looking like that has been cancelled, so neither of us wil be happy - will be an "interesting" week!

:utc:
Couldn't of summed Christmas up for me better....(y)

Normally go up to London but that was cancelled a while ago.

So my wife and myself with the use of Alexa with a small screen to communicate to my son in London.

Food ordered early and all online since the beginning of this pandemic.

The supermarkets we have been buying from have done a great job.

I wouldn't say I was safe and smug but our plans haven't really changed as we weren't doing much for Christmas anyway. That said we currently don't have much more food than a pint of milk in the flat, yet! Turkey crown on order from the local butcher and I'll do a shop in the coming days.

I do find the media's hype more irritating this year than most, because of course its going to be a quieter, more low key, somber and reflective Christmas. Yet by the media / advert etc carry on you'd think it was a mass national party.

After having a career ? in supermarket retail I would imagine there to be fantastic reduced xmas products (turkeys etc) available on xmas eve.
I know this is a risky method to get your mains but trust me the supermarkets would have ordered lots of large meats only now they are now not needed by customers.

No change here in Dubai, got a few friends coming over and we've ordered a turkey+trimmings to pick up cooked at 1pm. It's worked out about £15 a head for the lot, bargain.

My turkey is now thawing in the fridge. Bought most of the accompanying veg today and my Christmas pudding at Coles the supermarket. Need to get mince pies and cream and i'm done. Here in Melbourne we experienced a pretty hard lock-down for 111 days. I sure do hope that yours is no where near as extreme.
Merry Christmas to you all.

;