Clock is ticking …

langham

First Team
… transfer window closes Tuesday. If we continue threadbare upfront we’re in for a tricky time this season. Any news??

If we lose the Hull game ..a potentially huge pivotal event ...and no more players are signed..it could signal a major slide down the Div....because for a start...Brooksy plus a couple of others might switch off and then just put in a shift just before the Jan window..oh yeah this is possible and would hang on whether Scottyman handles it without any dents to his and the clubs progress.
Football in the Twenny 20's...'tis an Unfunny New Game!
If we wins at Hull..then we could kick on big style....its a thin line...and as I say ..a huge game potentially.
I've gone for 4-2 to a rampaging Cherries outfit... maintaining the ' unbeaten' tag.....ooof the drama of this... the pancakes is in the pan and the gas is on. ...flip that dude the right way up!

I normally don't get the clamour for signings for the sake of it but agree this time. We need someone up front. I didn't really have a problem with Surridge leaving for the price but if Dom gets injured we're fucked. Still short even if he stays fit.

I suspect the selection of Marcondes starting up front instead of Saydee was an arched eyebrow to the board along the lines of 'Some of the youngsters may be ready, Saydee isn't. You have to replace Surridge'.

I suspect the selection of Marcondes starting up front instead of Saydee was an arched eyebrow to the board along the lines of 'Some of the youngsters may be ready, Saydee isn't. You have to replace Surridge'.

That’s what I was thinking - to go into a game like that without a recognised striker , clearly a message to the purse keepers ..

Madness to have 1 senior striker for a 46 game season. Just lost our big goal threat and best player and replaced him with an unproven winger at this level.
Would like another winger aswell with Junior made of glass.

I normally don't get the clamour for signings for the sake of it but agree this time. We need someone up front. I didn't really have a problem with Surridge leaving for the price but if Dom gets injured we're fucked. Still short even if he stays fit.
When Surridge was allowed to leave I assumed that we had an upgrade/Parker preference lined up and a signing would be imminent. Now of course that may still be the case and we should reserve judgement until after the window closes - the deal may well be hanging on other movements, contract negotiations etc.

It would be genuinely concerning if this were not the case and we really were scratching around in the last few days of the window.

Let's hope not.

Sturridge is available on a free. It's only 1 letter difference to Surridge. If they're worried about wages think how much they can save by reusing shirts with only minor modification.
And the best bit is we won’t even have to pay to register him as a player as he’ll always be injured. Everyone wins

Sturridge is available on a free. It's only 1 letter difference to Surridge. If they're worried about wages think how much they can save by reusing shirts with only minor modification.
Talking of one letter difference, I noticed Blackpool have a Teddy Howe on their books. He plays right back.
It might help with the lack of songs thing if he moved to us, as well .

Talking of one letter difference, I noticed Blackpool have a Teddy Howe on their books. He plays right back.
It might help with the lack of songs thing if he moved to us, as well .
Would be a bit of a hassle to sign him and then immediately sell him to Burnley, only to sign him back again. Blake can barely pull off a loan signing, I think we’re asking too much.

;