Clock is ticking …

I heard a theory yesterday that we were firmly in for Delap and that he was happy to come here. That's why Surridge was allowed to leave, his replacement was in place. City were absolutely cock sure that the Kane deal would go through and when that fell apart they decided that Delap was needed as a squad member. Morgan was an option offered to us to appease our board and they feel he needs game time. That has come from the City end of Manchester.

Think we will struggle without another striker, need something different to Dom, what happened abuoht the Peterborough lad we were linked with

I heard a theory yesterday that we were firmly in for Delap and that he was happy to come here. That's why Surridge was allowed to leave, his replacement was in place. City were absolutely cock sure that the Kane deal would go through and when that fell apart they decided that Delap was needed as a squad member. Morgan was an option offered to us to appease our board and they feel he needs game time. That has come from the City end of Manchester.

seems odd they'd rely on delap as a squad player.

Not sure this is true to be honest. Pretty much all of the noises re Delap so far throughout the summer have been that city have been unwilling to loan. Added to this, we needed to replace Danjuma and Rogers fits that mould as a wide attacker who can cut in. Not to mention the fact we can hardly offer Delap guaranteed game time as he’d initially be joining as back up, with no guarantee that he could break in past Dom. Doesn’t add up on any level.

I know I keep going on about him, but I don't know why we don't go for Anthony Scully for the AM role. He scored a hattrick midweek in the paint pot.
Saw him at Shrewsbury in the league Cup first and he was the standout player for the first 70 mins. Faded a bit in the last 20 when Shrewsbury came back from 2 down before winning on pens. Maybe a bit small in stature if playing in front of Kilkenny but probably a decent cheapish worth a punt kind of signing

That is why the deal is never done until it's done. If what you've heard is true, we should have delayed Sam departure..

And why would Man City feel the need to appease our board lol are they worried we won’t send them an Xmas card now?
Because negotiations were so far down the line on a season long loan that we had burnt our bridges and let Surridge go. Naive or not she is telling me that the whole thing was agreed bar the paperwork being signed........Lol.

Because negotiations were so far down the line on a season long loan that we had burnt our bridges and let Surridge go. Naive or not she is telling me that the whole thing was agreed bar the paperwork being signed........Lol.
That would be tough s**t for us then, I seriously doubt that they would then loan us Rogers due to a feeling of guilt over the situation. It happens in football, why should they owe us anything. What consequences are there for them if they have unconvinced us?

Hearing the "Summer sales" will upset many an "Uber fan" this week.
That "friendly" loan is being cashed in.

The promise of a return to the EPL is a hollow one

;