Club being all crytpic on Twitter

But yeah anyway, there's folk on Facemash now saying this site is starting rumours that it's about buying the ground back. Even if that was under discussion (which I've no doubt it is, and has been constantly for the last ten years) why would they hype the announcement with "-17"

edit: unless that's next seasons profit and loss projection
incoming
£140M Prem prize money
£45M Ake
£40M Brooks
outgoing
£242M Structadene
balance
-£17M

“Also the talk of moving the pitch a few yards (or rotating it again which was my earliest thinking) is crazy as where would we play in the meantime, Wembley, Dorchester”

An issue if the pitch is rotated for sure. But moving the pitch 20 or 30 metres south wouldn’t be difficult. You simply build a new stand behind the Ted Shed and then take down the Ted Shed and lay the new pitch in the close season. Indeed if the new stand was two tiered you could move the Ted Shed seats back to become the lower tier in front of the new stand. If I recall correctly it only took about a week to put the Ted Shed up, so it wouldn’t take long to take it down and/or re-assemble it.

“Also the talk of moving the pitch a few yards (or rotating it again which was my earliest thinking) is crazy as where would we play in the meantime, Wembley, Dorchester”

An issue if the pitch is rotated for sure. But moving the pitch 20 or 30 metres south wouldn’t be difficult. You simply build a new stand behind the Ted Shed and then take down the Ted Shed and lay the new pitch in the close season. Indeed if the new stand was two tiered you could move the Ted Shed seats back to become the lower tier in front of the new stand. If I recall correctly it only took about a week to put the Ted Shed up, so it wouldn’t take long to take it down and/or re-assemble it.

Moving the pitch 20/30m south - so the North Stand and those in the north ends of the Main & East Stands are all given binoculars to watch the action far far away?!

I don’t quite get that.
Move the pitch say 20 meters South.
Then what happens to the the other 3 sides?
They would have to be demolished and rebuilt. That would take just as long as rotating the pitch.

I don’t quite get that.
They would have to be demolished and rebuilt. That would take just as long as rotating the pitch.

Not neccesarily... If you're planning to build in the corners anyhow, whatever you build at the South end is wrapped around the corners and extended down the pitch to meet the old stands... A bit of clever design would give the ground some character...

It's what happens to the NS that would be problematic as we'd be so far away from the pitch it would be ridiculous... As I doubt that would be redeveloped immediately...

How long till this thread gets merged with the mahooosive stadium thread... and then unmerged when it's announced it's a picture book theyre relasing..?

I don’t quite get that.

That could be done in phases:
New giant ted shed miles from the pitch and half price.
New stands added to east and main, attached to ted shed.
Shift the pitch up, cheap tickets in the sound stand and parts of main and east which are now miles from pitch.
Remove the unneeded parts of main and east.
Knock down and re-build enormo-south stand.

~17,000 capacity in many phases.

I get what you both mean.
Surely a two tier ted shed would add 2500 with a row of boxes at the back of each tier.
Both corners at that end built to the same height, another 1500. Both Corners at the north stand another 800. Would make a capacity of just under 16500. At a lot less cost.
Even so a lot of work to get an extra 5000 to 5500 in.
I suppose that's easy for me to as I have a season ticket.

It's, Minus 17 The Musical. They've already started to make plans for casting, it's going to be "gender fluid". Sheridan Smith and Cher have been approached to play Eddie and Jason, if they're not available Michael Ball and Alfie Boe are on standby. : )
Gerald Krasner will be played by Susan Boyle doing a moving duet with Ollie Murs as Jeff Mostyn during the famous press conference. : )
If neither Robson Green or Jerome Flynn are "resting" , Cheryl A-Z of husband names has agreed to bulk up and play "Suppa". : )

anyone who thinks this -17 bs is anything to do with the ground development is seriously deluded

yip. i agree. I just don't see the link between ground ownership and -17. what little we have to go on is very firmly planted in that year and that year has nothing to do with the ground. More likely to be a programme, book, retro shirt, reunion, ...... anything like that.

;