Coldest away days

wallmth

Fans' Favourite
I know , I’m a soft southern shandy drinking ba**ard but away at Hartlepool in the FA cup , the year we played Manu .With the wind blowing in from the North Sea ..never been so cold in my life

Oldham.

If hell froze over, it would still be a summer holiday destination if you’re living in Oldham.

Hartlepool was cold,but Blackburn away in the cup when we lost 3-1 in the early 90's and Barnsley when we lost 5-2 on Luther's debut were even colder for me

Hartlepool was cold,but Blackburn away in the cup when we lost 3-1 in the early 90's and Barnsley when we lost 5-2 on Luther's debut were even colder for me

Strange don’t remember that Blackburn game being that cold ...Efan scored first for us ? ...of course it doesn’t help when your freezing your knackers off and the northern dinlos are walking around in T shirts ...Shrewsbury I always associate with rain

Bizarrely Oxford away on I think a boxing day, maybe new years. I had a Bovril which was about as hot as the sun and my hands were still blue

Dorchester away FA Cup ( old ground ), only a dozen games played that day, sat on a wall behind the goal till my **************** froze, so when down the other end at halftime only for a fence to collapse....happy days

Been snowed on at Oxford, Gillingham and Huddersfield, but I'd agree that in general terms Oldham and Hartlepool are tough to beat

Walking to Old Trafford from the pub last season.
Horizontal 50mph sleet.
Then stood in ice cold soaking clothes for 2 hours.
And the Manc’s got a spawny win.
Bleedin’ diabolical.

Been snowed on at Oxford, Gillingham and Huddersfield, but I'd agree that in general terms Oldham and Hartlepool are tough to beat

Gillingham good shout that man. God I remember that bloody open golf stand in the sleet and snow. And the stewards had the brass neck to throw people out for persistent standing, when sitting down for any length of time induced hypothermia.

;