Commiserations to Southend

Oh man, I'm going to rise to this as I'm not sure whether this a joke that's gone completely over my head after a couple of beers...

...but really? Wow.

He was obviously our second worst manager of my time (Mr. P Groves Esq. takes that particular crown), but I loved him as a player.

Are we the team with the most ex-strikers as taxi drivers? Quinn and Aylott to my knowledge.

If Al is joking then please disregard all of the above.
And Richard Cooke was.

Bondy has Prem coaching experience, let's get him back here. Different perspective and all that : )

Is your father in law Trevor Morgan?
No. im guessing there must be 3 or 4 drivers to cover all shifts, my F-i-L only does weekend days , and at nearly 80(yes still working as a cabbie at that age) is a little older than Trevor

Bond was unlucky when with us, very difficult time, points deductions, administration. Weve had a lot worse managers, and much better. Personally I wish him all the best

I think as a rookie manager he made a lot on errors early on but settled into the role. Unlucky to lose his job when he did - look how badly SOD did after relegation to L2 before turning it around to go up in play offs. Surprised he got the Southend job permanently though.

Bond was unlucky when with us, very difficult time, points deductions, administration. Weve had a lot worse managers, and much better. Personally I wish him all the best

Before the points deductions and administration. He was given financial backing to sign players.

The likes of Jo Kuffour etc would not have been cheap for that level and yet our record before admin and the points deduction was...

5 wins, 5 draws and 16 defeats.

In fact the previous sixteen months under Kevin Bond prior to admin we had averaged 0.98 points per game in the league (66 games played, 18 wins, 11 draws, 34 losses, scoring 73 goals – 1.11 goals/games ratio, while conceding 102 – 1.55 goals/games ratio).

None of that was down to “difficult times” of anyone else’s making.

;