Commiserations to Southend

Here are the stats for defeats to prove just how bad we were compared to the perceived two worst managers in living memory.

Benson - 33% - 52 wins from 156

Quinn - 36% - 9 wins from 25

Managerless between 13/10/06 and 01/09/08* - 49.5% - 47 wins out of 95

...the preceived two worst managers in living memory.

Sorry but...

Paul Groves P20 W3 15%

Allied with utter dirge on the pitch (you might forgive results if it looks like there is a plan afoot) and a huge transfer budget spent the like of which no other AFCB manager had previously seen.

Nobody competes with Paul Groves for the title of worst manager in living memory. Note, I'm deliberately not limiting it to AFCB there.

Sorry but...

Paul Groves P20 W3 15%

Allied with utter dirge on the pitch (you might forgive results if it looks like there is a plan afoot) and a huge transfer budget spent the like of which no other AFCB manager had previously seen.

Nobody competes with Paul Groves for the title of worst manager in living memory. Note, I'm deliberately not limiting it to AFCB there.

A huge omission on my part, sorry.

I think I have a mild form of PTSD and a mental block for that period. Groves was indeed truly shíte.

Kevin Bond`s overall League Record (14th October 2006 – 30th August 2008)

Games Played – 86 games, 27 wins, 18 draws, 41 losses, Goals scored 101, Goals conceded 126.

Points Per Game ratio : 1.15

Jimmy Quinn lasted just 24 games as Cherries manager, winning 7 and averaging 1.21 points per game.

Kevin Bond`s overall League Record (14th October 2006 – 30th August 2008)

Games Played – 86 games, 27 wins, 18 draws, 41 losses, Goals scored 101, Goals conceded 126.

Points Per Game ratio : 1.15

Jimmy Quinn lasted just 24 games as Cherries manager, winning 7 and averaging 1.21 points per game.

Not having that as proof. It was the football under Quinn that was criminal. Long ball shite.

Southend at home to Wycombe this week. Wimbledon away to Oxford. They have to win that. I really hope they dont go down, Simon Cox who I went to school with and played a few school games up front with is still there. You could tell he was a step ahead of the rest of us lads. Find it a shame his career fizzled out in the manner it has and he is extremely unlikely to get himself back to the Prem seeing as hes 31/32 now (I was a bit older as was most of the side)

Here are the stats for defeats to prove just how bad we were compared to the perceived two worst managers in living memory.

Benson - 33% - 52 wins from 156

Quinn - 36% - 9 wins from 25

Managerless between 13/10/06 and 01/09/08* - 49.5% - 47 wins out of 95
Alec Stock P99
W30
D31
L38

That was pretty desperate.....

Although a bit young to truly appreciate the Benson era there is a common thread throughout all these sh*t managers bar one and that is we were skint ,without a pot to p*ss in ..So stand up Paul Groves take a bow the only manager to have a cash to spend yet still manage to give us truly sh*t football ,a bemused first team ,and the threat of relegation .

Although a bit young to truly appreciate the Benson era there is a common thread throughout all these sh*t managers bar one and that is we were skint ,without a pot to p*ss in ..So stand up Paul Groves take a bow the only manager to have a cash to spend yet still manage to give us truly sh*t football ,a bemused first team ,and the threat of relegation .

That is the key point. We were in free fall when benson took over so tough for him. In 75/76 we were still looking at promotion until we faded badly (never recovered from that 6-0 at Northampton) and then in 76/77 thought we had a great chance of going up if we hadn’t sold Kevin reeves. 77/78 and 78/79 were dull for sure especially as we finally spent a bit of cash on mick Butler. Groves was worse for sure.

Final day on Sky kicking off now.

Beat Sunderland and Bondy will have stuck it up the plastics.

Lose and they are relegated.

Draw and it’s anyone’s guess.

Are they away at Carlisle??

Which I believe was 11 years ago today at least according to Facebook reminders this morning

Are they away at Carlisle??

Which I believe was 11 years ago today at least according to Facebook reminders this morning

That would be coincidence, but no, Carlisle are in League Two and were away at Yeovil.

;