Congrats

Going to prefix my post with saying that I also enjoy having opposition supporters on the forum and obviously, when you’re going to put your head above the parapet with a completely contrasting view you’re likely to have to duck away from a few shots… :throw:

So with that said, most of that diatribe can be ignored. Stroud gave over 20 fouls against us. The most I remember seeing for quite sometime and that was down to every 50-50 being given in favour of QPR.

He failed to send their lad off.

They are the biggest influences Stroud had on the game. A potential handball that simply doesn’t get given this season under the new laws (from which you scored from seconds later anyway), doesn’t balance these things out.

As for Ben Pearson, we played without him for an hour. It’s amazing how many comments he’s got from the QPR fans.

This sub also merely rotated our midfield. He came on for Brooks, Christie moved from an attacking central position, to a wide position to take Brooks’ place and Pearson filled the central midfield position. As QPR piled on the pressure the midfield, like it does with any club, dropped deeper. It wasn’t that much of a defensive switch.

The first 10 minutes set the scene for Stroud. Every single incident produced a free kick. It makes me laugh when you talk about our dark arts – you lot were dropping like a bunch of over 80s in a covid outbreak. Stroud bought it and pretty much carried on throughout the match. Embarrassing.

And bringing Mepham on was to help Zemura and Smith push out wider to stop the deliveries from your wide men. We did the same against Forest in the latter stages and it worked. QPR have form for late goals, so Parker was just trying to mitigate that; sounds like good management to me.

You appear to think that he was bias against you - REALLY?

21 free kicks you got Vs 7 for us. TWENTY ONE. Were we 3 times as dirty as you? Or more as you seem to suggest the ref was biased against you? Were you watching the same game? Let's be honest here.

I agree he got some decisions wrong the other way but the consistency was very much against us.

But, hey ho, you were generally stronger than us across the pitch, had a little more quality and a hell of a lot more of the dark arts - you know what I mean - timewasting shithousery like most teams in the Championship when they go ahead.
QPR's players are well versed in the 'dark arts' themselves. Constantly going down at the slightest touch or even with no contact, having Stroud in their pocket meant they got free kicks whenever any QPR player went down and called for it. At first it was odd, then it was comical, later it was embarrassing.

That QPR's execution of said free kicks was generally not great (though improved in the latter stages, which is why we needed Mepham on) is something they'll need to work on.

Last edited:
You put up a good fight but referee was just incompetent on both sides.

Side leading wastes time in the last 15 minutes - wow, what a shocker.

None of those incidents amounts to any obvious error that cost you (penalty turned down, disallowed goal etc.) and both Zemura and Willock should have been sent off which would have been even.

The block before the goal looked like handball on tv replays, but either way, you scored.

Smith is chief s***houser, you're not the first and won't be the last to moan about him!

I'm sure someone will come along to list all the incidents that we thought Stroud hit wrong which went your way. That's football.
I'm sure they won't, because its pathetic

QPR manager and fans would be better to focus on how many shots on goal they managed. The problem with lumping it long to an immobile big front man after passing around the back is players need to be getting forward when the header is won. The game plan of lump it in to the box needs a plan B with more pace and creativity.

Billings shot goes in for 3 - 0 would the qpr fans be blaming the ref.

A good advert for championship football spoiled by not fit for purpose referee

I think that you deserved the win last night, but those last twenty minutes should steel you for life under Parker. Anyone who has watched QPR over this calendar year will know sitting back is not a good plan. The way we play we will be open constantly at the back and when you were on the front foot, you had a good chance of scoring. But, taking off strikers for defensive midfielders like Goblin Boy Pearson, bringing on lifelong R Charlie Mepham and just sitting in was a little embarrassing for a team at home expecting to challenge.

But, hey ho, you were generally stronger than us across the pitch, had a little more quality and a hell of a lot more of the dark arts - you know what I mean - timewasting shithousery like most teams in the Championship when they go ahead.

I read some of the comments in your match thread tonight and am amazed what I read about everyone's favourite dwarf who looks up even to Illias Chair, Lord Farqaad himself Keef Stroud.

You appear to think that he was bias against you - REALLY? OK, Willock could / should have walked for his kick out, but he was provoked into that by constant, regular fouling whenever he got near the ball including in the prelude to the kick. Keef was, as he always is, **************** to everyone. I mean if we hadn't scored, he'd already made it clear that he wasn't going to give a pen for the great goalkeeping your defender showed defending the cross.

The following extract from Loft for Words, the best written club website around, had it spot on:
"Let’s rattle through some of the others in vaguely chronological order… David Brooks deliberately, tactically, pulls back Chris Willock on 25 minutes as he accelerates away into dangerous space down the left – no yellow card. McCallum is fouled down the left on the stroke of half time, but it’s ok because the ball has run through to Willock and the attack is continuing – except it’s not, we’re coming back for the free kick, and players who would have been chasing to get involved in the move are now fighting, resulting in yellows for Brooks and Johansen entirely of the referee’s making. Andre Gray brings the ball down on his chest on the edge of the box, but isn’t then allowed to reach it because Kelly has got hold of his shirt with two hands – no free kick, assistant referee not doing a lot of assisting there looking straight across at it. Chris Willock is fouled, but then in going to retrieve the ball kicks out at Smith for a pretty obvious red card – yellow. The handball in the build up to the McCallum goal is a laughably terrible decision. Adam Smith, a succession of tactical fouls, injury feigning, time wasting and aggro, including the Willock incident, all the way through the final 20 minutes, but enjoying the sort of immunity we usually reserve in this country for the dipshit wives of American diplomats. Then he eventually got booked in stoppage time for some nonsense or other with Yoann Barbet, which was the absolute least of his many offences. Mark Travers blatantly clock running for all of the final half an hour, repeatedly warned with a typically big, dramatic, flouncy wave of the hands and point at the watch, but no card, and therefore no change."

There's more of that at https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footb...eback-falls-just-short-at-bournemouth--report if you are interested and I thoroughly recommend it.

Anyway, I saw enough last night to believe that we may be back here in May, so 'til then, good luck.

I'm guessing here but would it be fair to say, you didn't notice our slick, rapid-passing? The way you were so easily carved open, especially first half?

Just a thought, I'm sure there's an evenly balanced view, that prevails from a traditional Third Division club.
1967 was a while ago eh?

QPR manager and fans would be better to focus on how many shots on goal they managed. The problem with lumping it long to an immobile big front man after passing around the back is players need to be getting forward when the header is won. The game plan of lump it in to the box needs a plan B with more pace and creativity.

Billings shot goes in for 3 - 0 would the qpr fans be blaming the ref.

A good advert for championship football spoiled by not fit for purpose referee

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58470832

Stats here say they had more shots and more on target.

but we were known for "earning" a lot of pens in that season
You can also look at it as being denied a clear shot on goal by Wilson, as our penalty record wasnt amazing, was the preferred tactic, given how clinical Wilson was that season.

A lot of our pens in the promotion season seemed to be where our pacy players were nudged or shoved when running fast into the box. It's very easy to say 'stay on your feet' but at speed that's certainly difficult and some got an unjust reputation IMO for 'diving'.

Funny, it’s not that often afcb have such combative games but when they do it’s usually against teams that like to dish it out or want to provoke us. Can’t think why.

You put up a good fight but referee was just incompetent on both sides.

Side leading wastes time in the last 15 minutes - wow, what a shocker.

None of those incidents amounts to any obvious error that cost you (penalty turned down, disallowed goal etc.) and both Zemura and Willock should have been sent off which would have been even.

The block before the goal looked like handball on tv replays, but either way, you scored.

Smith is chief s***houser, you're not the first and won't be the last to moan about him!

I'm sure someone will come along to list all the incidents that we thought Stroud hit wrong which went your way. That's football.
I certainly love to see Adam play, he sure knows how to fool refs and now in the twilight of his career he has it perfected, off field he is a nice guy to boot...ooops! that may not be the best way to explain an excellent footballer and may well be misconstrued by the general public, but never mind it may only me who thinks this way.
UTC

;