Crystal Palace v AFC Bournemouth

billythekid

UTC Legend
Anthony Taylor is the referee.

This will be his first game in charge of a game for us this season.

AFCB had him four times last season, in the league, all away. Burnley Everton, Liverpool and Huddersfield.

The only win for the Cherries was at Huddersfield, the rest were defeats.

Not looking forward to this. Hopefully the team can pull out a 'backs to the wall' performance.

He may cry a lot but Zaha is a very good player.

On the back of a good away victory at Burnley they will be looking at us as a home game they should win. Unfortunately and pessimistically I feel they probably will. Always seem to be tough games at Selhurst. Eddie's selection will be interesting. Drop Fraser, play 5 across the middle and try to stop them scoring. Hopefully we can get a point or maybe nick all three

Just a question of whether we play 4411...or like Saturday go 451 with Solankie....mmmm....4411 I think with HWilson in for Fraser.... Billing in for LCook and perhaps Kilkenny in for Solankie.

Typical timing again, delle started scoring in time for us and so has Zaha. When we beat them at home last season, brooks tucked in to help defence and thwart Zaha. Need the same this season but I am not sure Fraser or h Wilson can do this.

Typical timing again, delle started scoring in time for us and so has Zaha. When we beat them at home last season, brooks tucked in to help defence and thwart Zaha. Need the same this season but I am not sure Fraser or h Wilson can do this.
Good point....we could play Smithy and Stacey over that side .

AFCB Need At Least A Point

AFCB’s 3-2 defeat at Spurs new stadium last Saturday, was the Cherries third defeat in a row. By the 69th minute Spurs had taken a 3-0 lead, but as the game the week before at Dean Court against Wolves, the AFCB team fought back. This was due to a substitution in bringing on H Wilson, who scored a brace, but again it wasn’t enough. The next game is again in London when Eddie Howe takes his side to Selhurst Park to play Crystal Palace (the Eagles) on Tuesday night. Eddie Howe will be pitting his wits against the very experienced Palace manager Roy Hodgson who’s side won their Saturday away game at Turf Moor against Burnley. This is a game we need to get something from as we go into December with six Premier League games, two of them against sides in the top four and Arsenal eighth. The Cherries have now lost their last three games. The table is looking very tight, with AFCB 4 points off 6th spot and also 17th place.

This season Crystal Palace signed midfielder James McCarthy from Everton and striker Jordan Ayew from Swansea, Ayew had been on loan last season, both players for undisclosed fees. After being released by Chelsea, the experienced defender Gary Cahill signed as a free agent. On loan is midfielder Victor Camarasa from Real Betis, Palace have the option to buy. Goalkeeper Stephen Henderson on a free.

Crystal Palace’s home form is worse than their away form so far this season. Palace have won 2 games at home, Aston Villa and Norwich City, they have drawn 2, Everton and Wolves, lost 3, Manchester City, Leicester City and Liverpool who are all in the top 3. Away they have beaten Manchester United, West Ham and most recently Burnley. They have drawn with Arsenal and lost to Sheffield United, Spurs and Chelsea. Palace are in 11th position in the table on 18 points, one position and two points more than the Cherries.

In our last game against the Eagles at Selhurst Park was last game of the season, it ended in an eight goal thriller. Unfortunately our team were on the losing side of a 5-3 result. In our away games at Selhurst Park, AFCB have Won 7, Drawn 9 and Lost 20. In all competitions AFCB have Won 29, Drawn 19 and Lost 24.

Crystal Palace Team News
Gary Cahill and Joel Ward have knee injuries. Scott Dann went off with an ankle injury at Turf Moor on Saturday.

Crystal Palace Player To Watch
Jordan Ayew is their leading scorer, but Wilfried Zaha will be the player we need to keep in check.
He has scored in his last two games.

AFCB Team News
Philip Billing and Simon Francis will be available again after being suspended. Hopefully Adam Smith will have recovered from illness. On the injury website another player who could possibly return to the squad is Lloyd Kelly. It seems it may be too soon for Josh King.

AFCB Player To Watch
On present team form it is difficult to choose. Harry Wilson staked a claim with his brace against Spurs.

Ramsdale

Stacey
Cook S
Ake
Rico

Smith
Lerma
Billing
Wilson H

Solanke
King(or Wilson)

Boruc/Gosling/Fraser/Cook/Danjuma/Mepham & Wilson C (or Ibe)

I'd prefer Smith at RB, we saw him play midfield a couple years ago and it wasn't good, whereas Stacey is better in attack than he is defence.
(That we're considering Stacey in midfield instead of Fraser says a lot)

Ramsdale
Smith Cook Ake Rico
Stacey Billing Lerma Danjuma
H.Wilson
C.Wilson

------------Ramsdale------------
Smith*----S. Cook---Ake----Rico
----Gosling---Billing---Lerma----
Danjuma----Wilson----H. Wilson

Subs: Boruc, Stacey/Francis, Mepham, L. Cook, Fraser, Kilkenny, Solanke

*If he's back and available; if not Stacey should keep his place. For the love of God if EH puts Francis up against Zaha again I'm going to egg his house.

Rambo
Stacey Cook. Ake. Rico
Smith. Billing Lerma. Danjuma
HWilson
CWilson

Smithy in midfield to help Stacey take care of Zaha..... Danjuma to cause mayhem on the other wing with HW given licence to roam between the lines and shoot from anywhere....
Sorry I meant play in Callum.

*If he's back and available; if not Stacey should keep his place. For the love of God if EH puts Francis up against Zaha again I'm going to egg his house.
You know where he lives?

The last time Francis played against Zaha last season he had him on toast all game. Zaha never got a look in.

Since his injury maybe Francis has lost that bit of pace to keep with Zaha this season. Hence his bookings at DC recently.
When Francis shut Zaha out at DC last season he didn't need pace, just used his experience and read the game really well. Helped also by his team mates cutting out the ball in midfield really well. Not saying that he should play tomorrow mind you.

The title of Billy's article says it all for me. Must stop the losing streak. Southampton-Norwich match will move one, or both, an inch closer, so we need to get something.

Everytime we play Palace we go through this “ZOMFG we can’t play Franno against Zaha” bedwetting. As it happens Franno has always done well against him but also Zaha doesn’t always play down that side anyway. And the one time he did rip us a new one was the time Franno wasn’t playing.

FWIW I wouldn’t actually play him. Harry in for Fraser and I think this game is more suited to Billing than Cook. Hopefully Smith has recovered from his illness. If we can match the Spurs performance but sort out the defensive nonsense we will get something

;