Crystal Palace v AFC Bournemouth

As the game is worth £4m in league placing money, I can’t see Eddie playing any fringe players to start with.
I see it as more of an opportunity to see if players can make the step up, especially when we seem to have a few injuries. Don’t see any reason why they can’t make the step up. Also seen ofobrah has left the Nigeria camp for the game so that’s another youngster who will again be involved.

--------------Travers--------------
Clyne---Cook--Simpson---Smith
--------Lerma--------Ake--------
Ibe-----------King-----------Fraser
--------------Wilson--------------

Subs: Boruc, Mepham, Ofobohr, Taylor, Hyndman, Surridge, Mousset

Young Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Mark Travers could retain his spot between the sticks, following his recent impressive debut against Spurs.

Howe also confirmed that Asmir Begovic has will not be involved in the Cherries’ squad for the trip to Selhurst Park.

Howe added: “We decided to play Mark at the weekend and we were delighted with his performance. He’s a very level-headed lad so we haven’t really had to say too much to him this week.

“The decision was made to rest Asmir, and he’s now been given some time off to spend with his family. There’s nothing more to it then that really. He’s a top professional and is still very much our player.”

...I would like to see: 4-4-2

TRAVERS

CLYNE
COOK
MEPHAM
SMITH

IBE
LERMA
AKE
FRASER

KING
WILSON

BENCH; BORUC/SIMPSON/MOUSSET/HYNDMAN/SURRIDGE/TAYLOR & OFOBOHR

I’d go the same XI as against Spurs and play on the counter

———--Travers
Clyne Cook Simpson Smith
——Aké ——Lerma
King—— Ibe ——Fraser
———--Wilson

Are any Palace fans going to be there?View attachment 1838

Can never understand this - it's your last home game of the season - you have every chance of getting a win (they're not) - why wouldn't you go - real fans!!?? Heard on Radio Solent last night that they are still trying to sell tickets for Saturday too - last home game and they're playing Huddersfield. For goodness sake - what's up with their fan base. I really dont want a huge new stadium where we have to put adverts on the radio to sell tickets.

Any decent pub suggestions? Especially craft beer orientated!
Very little around Palace and much is home fans only.
I will be in the Streatham Common area just a couple of stops up the line from Thornton Heath station. A few decent pubs inc 2 or 3 in the Good Beer Guide around there and 4 trains an hour into Palace.
If you are coming in from the South then Croydon is probably a decent bet.

Reactions: N19
We have been discussing our goalkeepers on here in recent weeks, it seems it is the last game for a Palace keeper before he leaves the club.

He has made it easy for Roy Hodgson who was thinking about involving him against us.

As Julián Speroni approaches his final game as a player of Crystal Palace Football Club, Roy Hodgson was discussing the chances of the Eagles legend playing against Bournemouth, in what would be the 'keeper's 406th appearance for the south Londoners.

Hodgson said: "I think those sort of sentimental moments are debateable, and whether they are the right thing to do or not. However, I didn’t have a decision to make on that front because Julián, who is a consummate professional, made it clear to me that he thinks we should carry on approaching this game in the professional way we’ve approached all games this season; he doesn’t see a reason why all of a sudden he should be made the second goalkeeper or put on to the field of play just because the last game of the season.

"And I think in many ways that tells you more about Julián Speroni as a professional and as a person than many other things that are going to be said about him. In fact, I was very touched by the fact he wasn’t looking to get that gesture of where he would come on for five or 10 minutes and the crowd would go wild; he has taken that out of my hands by making it clear that is not what he wants. But I am also sure that he will get a fantastic reception because after the game we will be thanking our fans."

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2019/ma...-chance-to-play-in-final-crystal-palace-game/

;